At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Within the Global Data Insight and Analytics (GDIA) Data Factory, an exciting opportunity awaits you on a team chartered with supporting some of Ford's most visible initiatives. The role of the Data Engineer is a critical enabler to the development of our Data Supply Chain including Customer, Connected Vehicle and Mobility data. The engineer will ensure that data standards, information interoperability, data quality, and data availability fully support the goals of GDIA and the enterprise.
Data Engineers carry out an indispensable role, ensuring the robust flow of data, from acquisition through curation and governance, to exposure; enabling Data as a Service and driving all critical data driven initiatives.
What you’ll be able to do:
Provide data support for enterprise data management tasks, including ingestion, standardization, enrichment, mastering and assembly of data products for downstream applications. In addition, you will:
- Work on all data types across the enterprise including Customer, Dealer, Vehicle, Manufacturing, etc.
- Acquire, standardize, integrate, fuse and curate data
- Build, maintain and monitor data pipelines
- Continuously increase Data Coverage by working closely with business partners and Data Scientists, understanding and evaluating their data requirements to build meaningful, organized and structured information
- Support the data requirements of the different functional teams like MS&S, PD, Quality, etc. and all the regional Metrics initiatives -Evaluate, explore and select the right data platform technologies including RDBMS & NoSQL to meet the analytics requirements
- Provide visibility to Data Quality issues
- Work with the business owners to fix the issues
- Implement an Enterprise Data Governance model
- Promote the concept of data standardization, integration, fusion and quality
- Work with technology team to model data, build data flow diagrams
- Load transformed structured and unstructured data
- Contribute to the building of the Metadata model & Business Glossary by collecting information from various sources: business users, existing data sources, databases and other relevant documents and systems
- Works as a part of a team supporting specialists and demonstrate an understanding of key data management principles and data use
The minimum requirements we seek:
Our preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 1+ years in Data Management running queries, fusing data and compiling data for analytics with SQL & Python
- 1+ years transactional and analytic in data design, data architecture or data modeling
- 1+ years with NoSQL technologies including Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Scala, Spark etc.), especially command line experience with loading and manipulating files within HDFS
- Experience programming and producing working models or transformations with modern programming languages
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery
- Experience with Informatica tools
- Demonstrable experience building visualizations using Tableau/QlikView
- Ability to write relevant SQL queries needed to query & analyze data
- Experience in ETL Design and Development
- Knowledge of data management standards, data governance practices and data quality
- Communicate sophisticated solution concepts in simple terms
- Apply multiple solutions to business problems
- Quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Evaluate decisions through the eyes of the customer
- Build strong customer relationships, and create processes with customer viewpoint
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communicate in a clear and succinct manner
- Efficiently evaluate information / data to make decisions
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English)
- Translate discreet and complex ideas to business-driven results
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf