At Mace, we see every challenge as an opportunity to dream bigger and bring our ambitions to life. We believe our only limits are the ones we give ourselves.
Since day one we have relentlessly pursued a better way. We were founded out of a belief that the industry could be more efficient, innovative and responsible and over the last 30 years Mace has built a reputation and track record for delivering projects faster, safer and better than ever before.
Our four engines, Develop, Consult, Construct and Operate, connect expertise across the entire property and infrastructure lifecycle to help our clients, people, communities and society achieve more than they believe possible.
Project: The construction of a new nuclear plant in Somerset, 15 miles from Bridgwater, currently one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of timely Performance Analysis in comparison to the approved Baseline.
- Development and the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis reports, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
- Collaborate with other Disciplines of Integrated Project Controls, as well as other Project Teams, to ensure that Reporting requirements are met, and to help deliver Project goals in keeping with the project principles of Trust, Transparency and Teamwork.
- AEnsure the Integrated Project Controls Team – particularly the PCMs are supported with provision of timely information and analysis to support the Area Teams.
- In conjunction with other Performance Analysis Team members, develop insightful analysis to support the Delivery Directorate decision-making process.
- Responsible for developing input into performance analysis reports, ensuring that all Project information is clearly and accurately represented. These include (but are not limited to): Cost, Schedule, EVM, Risks & Opportunities, Trends & Changes, Health, Safety & Environment, Quality, Supply Chain.
- Work with project teams to understand performance variances and work with continuous improvement team to put in place improvement action plans.
- Analyse report data to identify and resolve any issues with data integrity.
- Ensure that all analysis is accurate, consistent, validated, representative of Project status, and focused on the appropriate stakeholder group.
- Review existing reports to monitor compliance with standards and procedures and make any necessary improvements.
- Adhere to Project governance and Integrated Project Controls Reporting standards and procedures.
- Ensure all Project documents, in particular Sensitive Nuclear Information, are correctly protectively marked, and protected in accordance with client policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth understanding of the full lifecycle of large, complex Projects;
- Knowledge and understanding of project performance analysis;
- Knowledge and understanding of the other Project Controls Disciplines;
- Knowledge of cost, scheduling and ROTC management techniques and associated software;
- Understanding of engineering and construction methods, techniques and terminology;
- Clear and organised approach to problem solving – delivery focused
- Ability to understand, interpret, analyse and present complex data from all Project Controls Disciplines;
- Ability to create concise written narrative to communicate Project progress and performance effectively to the target audience;
- Skill in using communication techniques in complex project environments;
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management techniques;
- Excellent skills in using Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access);
- Knowledge of data visualisation and analysis tools, applications and techniques, including the capability of business intelligence analytics tools such as Microsoft Power BI;
- High level of analytical and numerical skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally;
- Stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to act on behalf of the Performance Analysis Team as their representative;
- Working knowledge of French and/or Chinese languages an advantage.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of a degree in a numerate subject, or HND or equivalent qualification with recognised experience commensurate with a degree;
- Proven relevant experience in a Project Management or Project Controls environment on at least 1 major, complex project;
- Substantial experience in data visualisation and analysis techniques;
- Training in project management methodology, such as PMQ or PRINCE2.
- Relevant experience in a similar analysis role;
- Experience in the use of industry-standard software for other Project Controls Disciplines, such as Primavera P6, EcoSys or ARM;
- Experience in the Nuclear/construction sector.
Great opportunity to join our growing project team on Hinkley Point C! Make an application today