This role is for CODE LEAP's sub-company named Retail Foundation!
Retail Foundation is a startup providing an all-in-one cloud solution for the e-commerce industry to gather, enrich and distribute product content at scale. We are using AI and workflow automation to help our clients improve their product information management. As a spinoff of a consulting company, we already have a large e-commerce company as our client and are financially backed to get our product to the next level.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/x)
to join our team and help us develop further our deep learning models for image processing and classification.
As part of our Product and AI team, you will:
- Build, deploy and maintain machine learning models in production
- Work closely with the team to define solutions to concrete and diverse business use-cases
- Work with labeled as well as unstructured data
- Keep an eye on the latest research and tools to increase the knowledge of the team
- Work together with colleagues in Germany and Vietnam
Why CODE LEAP
- Qualification – You master at least one machine learning framework (Pytorch strongly preferred, additional frameworks are a plus) – you can write production-quality code in Python – ideally, you have worked on multiple computer vision problems (especially classification and matting/segmentation).
- Experience – You have experience with computer vision problems and deep learning pipelines, in particular in a context of image classification, object/character detection and recognition, and image segmentation.
- Collaboration – You are a team player and have worked in cross-functional teams before ; you bring new ideas and ensure best practices are applied at every step.
- Academic skills – You are comfortable with reading research papers and evaluating their relevance to the use case at hand.
- Problem solving – You keep a pragmatic approach and evaluate an array of solutions to a given issue: start simple and experiment.
- Organization – You work in an iterative and structured approach, with a focus on value for the clients and the company.
- Languages – You are fluent in English as we are an international team. Some German knowledge is a plus but not a requirement.
- You have the work right in either Germany or Vietnam.
What we can offer you:
- Flat hierarchies and codetermination just as you would expect from a startup
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible remote work policy
- Generous vacation days
- A nice, centrally located office space in Berlin or our modern office in Ho Chi Minh City
- For Berlin office: the opportunity to work in Vietnam at our second office in HCMC
With our expert teams set up across two continents, CODE LEAP provides innovative software solutions for venture-backed startups and leading enterprise businesses alike in Germany. Our core teams from Frankfurt and Berlin in Germany, and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam work hand-in-hand to develop state-of-the-art solutions of the highest quality.
We future-proof organizations - be a part of it!