Job Summary:MaineGeneral Health is seeking a Data Engineer to join our Information Technology team and work toward building a data focused organization. The ideal candidate will have experience using SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, and ETL processes. The ability to work directly with end users to develop custom data solutions is also critically important.Job Description
What You Bring to the team?
- An adept understanding of data integration and analytics.
- The ability to procure new data from various sources and present the data in a model that will consumed by data analysts to help drive organizational decisions.
- A driven approach to your work with the ability to move into this key role quickly and make an immediate impact.
What You Will Do?
- Be a key player in advancing MaineGeneral through the stages of data maturity.
- Utilize SQL/ETL processes to get data from various sources.
- Generate data marts specific to the business area needs.
- Maintain and create reports using stored procedures, SSRS, Crystal, Tableau and Power BI.
Who will you work with?
- The selected candidate will work with a team of nearly 100 IT professionals and a customer base of over 4,500 people, in an environment where investing in technology and working as a team are priorities. We are looking for workers who want a challenge, can help build strong teams, and share our quest for excellence.
What can we offer you?
- A flexible work schedule, including some remote work, and respect for work-life balance.
- An environment where you can learn and grow.
- Challenging work, including exposure to new projects and technologies.
- A culture built around teamwork, collaboration, and mutual respect.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40Scheduled Work Shift
Job Exempt: YesBenefits
Supporting all aspects of our employees’ wellness – physical, emotional and financial – is a critical component of being a great place to work. With the wide range of benefits and programs available, employees have the resources they need to be well at every stage of life and plan for the future.Physical Wellness
- We offer quality health, dental, and vision benefits and wellness programs and resources to provide employees access to resources for a healthy lifestyle and help manage health care costs.
- Employees have access to industry-leading leave for new parents.
- A generous earned time plan is offered to all employees - We believe employees need and deserve time away from work to observe holiday, be with family, go on vacation, or simply take care of themselves.
When life gets challenging, employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program for employees and anyone in their household.Financial Wellness
- An employee discount program is available to all employees for services provided by MaineGeneral Medical Center.
- Tuition Reimbursement is available to all employees to further develop skills and career.
- We offer eligible employees up to 2% of eligible pay in 403(b) company-matching contributions plus another 2% in the 401(a) retirement income plan.
- Three insurance plans are available to protect your family from the sudden loss of income in the event of your death, terminal illness or serious injury from accident.
- We offer both short-term and long-term disability insurance to replace a portion of your income if you become disabled and cannot work for a period of time.
Helping our employees develop their skills and grow their careers is critical to how we retain our talent and sustain our business. We do this by offering our teammates a variety of leadership-supported programs and learning and development resources for every stage of their professional development. We know that our employees are our most valuable resource – they’re how we grow our business and care for our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability Assistive technologies are available. Application assistance for those requesting reasonable accommodation to the career site is available by contacting HR at (207) 861-3440 .
State of Maine Covid-19 Vaccination MandateAs a licensed health care facility in the state of Maine, MaineGeneral Health must comply with the State's vaccination mandate for all health care employees. All MaineGeneral Health employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless the employee receives a medical exemption. The goal of this mandate is to protect our patients, employees and communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability: In furtherance of MaineGeneral's policy regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, MaineGeneral has developed a written Affirmative Action Program which sets forth the policies, practices and procedures that MaineGeneral is committed to in order to ensure that its policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action is accomplished.
The Affirmative Action Plan for Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities is available for inspection by any employee or candidate for employment upon request, during normal business hours, in the Human Resources Department. Assistive technologies are available. Application assistance for those requesting reasonable accommodation to the career site is available by contacting HR at (207) 861-3440 . EEO is Law (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf)