As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live. Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Formulate overall analytic solutions to address the identified business objectives and pain points
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Extract, clean, and transform structured and unstructured data to make it consumable for downstream analytics
- Perform statistical analysis, data mining and machine learning modelling on massive datasets to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous working/research experience for 3-5 years and recently worked as Data Scientist/Data Analyst with Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Econometrics or relevant quantitative field. Master’s or PhD degree is preferred
- Hands on experience with Python and SQL
- Good knowledge of statistical concepts (properties of distributions, statistical tests) and machine learning techniques (such as regression, classification, time series, clustering, collaborative filtering, NLP) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Good knowledge of at least one of the key visualization libraries (such as matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, ggplot2, Shiny, bokeh)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Having end-to-end analytic project experience from requirement gathering, business/data understanding, feature engineering, model development to insight deployment/feedback is a plus
- Hands-on experience in knowledge graph, deep learning, decision optimization and/or MLOps is a plus
- Hands-on experience with distributed data/computing tools such as Spark is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud computing services such as IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or AWS is a plus
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.