Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change
Data Scientist-Operations Research
A Data Scientist is responsible for performing system analysis by developing optimization & simulation models and collaborating with digital product teams to deliver insights to business stakeholders to help improve business decisions.
A data scientist is an applied analytical expert responsible for understanding business decisions and processes and translating into data science use cases that lead to better decision making. They must have in-depth knowledge about statistical, mathematical optimization, and simulation techniques, high-level of proficiency in scientific programming and big data processing as-well-as produce scientifically sound and impactful presentation of the results to facilitate data driven decision making.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities
- Independently perform system analysis using a variety of optimization and simulation modeling techniques, develop prototype solutions using scientific programming languages, design experiments for validation and testing efficacy of models, and measure impact
- Understands business goals, data and methods and their limitations.
- Works reproducibly by documenting, organizing, and curating data and code.
- Contributes skill, coaches others, and teaches other members of data science community to increase data fluency.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in solving problems for models or project data
- Analyzes and presents complex data & systems in a clear manner
- Continuously learns and challenges the results through new techniques and experimental approaches
- Builds cross-functional relationships to collaboratively partner with the business and effectively network within the Data Science Community. Readily collaborates with subject matter experts, business stakeholders, and other Data Scientists.
Qualifications and skills
- M.S and/or Ph.D. in Operations Research, Engineering, Management Science, Mathematics, or a other related quantitative discipline
- Minimum 1+ years relevant experience delivering analytics solutions to complex business problems for PhD applicants, 5+ years for MS applicants.
- Theoretical and practical experience in deterministic optimization and algorithm development related to operations management is a requirement, including experience with commercial optimization software (ex. CPLEX) and simulation software (ex. AnyLogic)
- Expertise in programming, statistical packages, and database languages (ex. Java, R, Python, Scala, SQL and OPL)
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading projects in the areas of network flow, planning, scheduling, space utilization, and customer service levels.
- Demonstrated problem solving experience analyzing complex data using statistical and advanced analytical methods to deliver predictive and prescriptive insights
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and influence people at varying levels of responsibility
- Candidates must demonstrate business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains and become conversant in the domain with business users.
- Hybrid working style
- Full time employment contract
- Wide range of development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Good working conditions and comfortable working environment
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s).
Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa