takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Food Performance Data Analyst to join our Takealot Delivery Team in Cape Town
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Reporting to the CI and Performance Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing, understanding and prioritizing tasks according to core business or project objectives
- Creating reports with focus areas for business improvement
- Identifying important variables and focus areas in the business
- Analysing data to answer strategic and operational questions posed by the business
- Provide information to various stakeholders
- Collaborate with TDT managers and Franchise Managers to establish project plans while accounting for the trade-offs between operational practicality and overall performance
- Daily Food Operations Metrics Management:
- Provide significant support to the Food Delivery Team according to weekly goals and targeted metrics.
- Manage Food delivery support tools i.e. QlikView, Branch Dashboards, Weekly reports to inform operational decisions and improvement
- Construct weekly reports for improvement and new target areas
- Use weekly targets to manage day-to-day performance and inform operations for best impact
- Product reviews and complaints tracking:
- The role will interface frequently with the Food and TDT operations teams and engage somewhat in the specifications of PaLM releases and new product features
- Furthermore, the role will cover SOP reviews and complaints management from a driver behaviour and training aspect where relevant
- Process Improvement:
- Regularly review and analyse key metrics in Food delivery operations to identify root causes and formulate solutions to improve performance
- Ability to develop and set up reporting for metrics
- Managing customer, branch and driver feedback into continuous performance improvement processes
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and improvement of new and existing food support processes & tools
- Leading small project improvement initiatives as required
- Self-improvement to innovate and to keep skills up to date
- A Solutions-oriented and attention to detail – qualitatively (written SOP's and email structure) and quantitatively (charts and tables)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to interpret and inform decisions that are pragmatic and operationally practical
- Ability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Versatile and with an appetite to learn from the experience of others and independently through experimentation and research
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, but also maintain a focus to ranked priorities with the highest strategic impact
- Self-motivated to continuously improve and update their own skills
- A general willingness to learn, embrace and question new or existing technologies
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Undergraduate degree / diploma / certificate (i.e. Sciences, Statistics, Operations
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in business analysis, operational management or a related field
- Experience defining solutions for internal and external customer networks
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience in change management
- Advanced Excel Skills essential – e.g. Pivot tables, IF/COUNTIF/VLOOKUP statements, Chart-building, conditional formatting, sorting and handling big data files
- PowerPoint Skills – Constructing a storyline, clear & concise slides, strategic use of visuals graphics and colour
- Experience in SQL
- Experience in scripting Python/R
- Experience in Power Bi or QlikView (advantageous)
- Experience in React (advantageous)
- Experience in an e-commerce, start-up or tech environment (advantageous)
- Experience in tech and how to use tech solutions such as automation to improve performance
- Experience in the development of others – can lead others, delegate tasks, and develop a team if necessary
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above criteria, you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.