Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions, Mobile Crushing & Screening Division is recruiting for a:Senior Data Scientist
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 currently employing some 40,000 people across the globe. Our safe and diverse solutions, delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees, enhance our customers’ productivity, safety, and profitability.
Within Sandvik, we champion people. Having exceptional people and growing an inclusive culture forms our Divisional strategic pillars
The position is within the R&D (Research & Development) team to leverage modeling, big data, and cloud computing to address engineering challenges within crushing and screening. As the successful candidate you will leverage your data science skills to analyze complex data and build predictive models to help customers manage key aspects of their operations and achieve optimized productivity.
- Apply and integrate statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling and business analysis skills to manage and manipulate complex high-volume data from a variety of sources.
- Develop, analyze and model operational, economic, management, accounting and other organizational data.
- Quantify the competitive performance of the organization's operations and/or markets; model and evaluate the potential impact of changes
- Select features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Provide support and services to scientists and/or engineers engaged in product development in the fields of mathematics, statistics or computer science
- Conduct mathematical analysis for the solution to scientific and engineering problems and develop innovative mathematical principles or methods of application of mathematical theory to unexplored scientific studies.
- Plan and conduct experiments to increase the body of scientific knowledge on topics related to the organization. Research aims to develop new or improve existing products and procedures.
Where others see many, we see you – personally. Sandvik is an equal opportunity employer, we recognize and value your passion and personality.
- Good theoretical and practical foundation within data science engineering
- Strong Python coding skills for data science including experience with standard data science packages (e.g., numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn)
Learn more about our business by visiting our website, LinkedInor Facebook.Application
Read more about Sandvik Group and apply at Careers — Sandvik Group (home.sandvik)(Job ID: R0060553)Contact information
For further information about this position, please contact +44 7811 581106The closing date for applications is 4th December 2023
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid permit to work in the UK