No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You’ll help improve the health of millions. And you’ll do your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll be responsible for Business Intelligence and Data Analysis to develop and maintain strategic reporting to support Clinical Orchestration in delivering personalized quality to our members.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop strategic reporting for stakeholder analysis. This can include everything from data ingestion and aggregation in SSIS and SQL Server to creating a dashboard or report in Tableau and SSRS
- Maintain and create data processes for Group Retiree and other government programs to support various data needs. This can include ingesting data with SSIS, transforming it with SQL Server stored procedures, and sending data to various destinations as defined in requirements from the business
- Gather specifications from business stakeholders and offer guidance on report design options and technology implementation
- Coordinate with internal customers and external vendors to troubleshoot data issues and implement new data processes
- Coordinate with internal team to automate existing manual processes utilizing SQL and/or SSIS
- Adhere to and help enhance the team’s development, optimization, and deployment standards
- 5% chance you would have to be in on-call/attend war room
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of Tableau data visualization skills, including experience with:
- Creating clean and useful visualizations and giving just the right amount of information in a report for users to visually process.
- Identifying the right visualization for the data story and working with stakeholders to ensure the report meets their strategic needs
- Reverse engineering existing workbooks and enhancing them.
- Preparing the data ahead of time for optimal report performance.
- Efficient rendering, filtering and calculation choices.
- 2+ years of SQL skills, including experience with:
- All join types and how to use them
- How to aggregate in SQL multiple ways including window functions (OVER clause)
- Using parameters inside and outside stored procedures
- Formatting and commenting code to adhere to best practices
- Coordinating deployment needs with DBAs
- 1+ years of SSRS skills, including experience with:
- Parameter driven reporting
- Creating subscriptions with use of parameters
- Formatting to adhere to best practices
- Beginner-Intermediate SSIS skills, including experience with:
- Basic data flow ingestion from a variety of data sources (SQL, Flat Files, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to run stored procedures from within SSIS
- Ability to convert data types within SSIS
- Ability to add error handling; checking row counts, redirecting rows, sending notifications
- Position requires good attention to detail and quality enabling:
- Consistent unit testing with all data passing a sanity test before turning over to UAT/QA
- Consistent metric calculations on dashboards and reports
- Position requires communication skills that enable:
- Developing rapport with stakeholders and building a sense of trust in our team and our support for their needs
- Writing informal specifications and requirements from stakeholders and receiving sign off on completely capturing their needs
- Attending and fully engaging in meetings with stakeholders and teammates
- Coordinating with vendors on troubleshooting data issues and deploying new data processes
- Documenting code and dashboard logic where needed for future developers to maintain
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Understanding of the healthcare industry including a background in Gaps in Care and claims and eligibility data
- SQL Server query optimization experience including execution plans, proper use of indexes, and statistics
- Experience with a star schema data warehouse and how to commonly join Fact and Dimension tables
- Experience with data-driven subscriptions in SSRS
- Experience with use of variables in expressions for dynamic handling of file names, file paths, etc. in SSIS
- Experience with source control applications and processes, especially GitHub
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Analyst, UHC M & R Health Advance STARS, Senior BI Data Engineer, Sr. BI Data Engineer Date Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN