Pernod Ricard is the global co-leader in wines and spirits and the leader in the premium segment. Listed in the Paris CAC40, Pernod Ricard has a portfolio of prestigious brands such as Ricard, Absolut, Chivas Regal, Ballantine’s, Jameson, Martell, Havana Club, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët. With an annual turnover in excess of €9bn, the Group is present in 80+ markets around the world and employs more than 19,000 employees.
Pernod Ricard launched an ambitious program to leverage the power of data. In order to support this massive digital transformation, Pernod Ricard decided to create Centers of Excellence. One of them will be the Data Center of Excellence: An armed wing of PR ambition to become a platform company. Pernod Ricard Data CoE will offer expertise, advice and change levers to assist and accelerate global and local data projects.
We have already started this agenda with the deployment of flagship projects with strong sponsorship from the CEO and his Top Management and large financial investment, such as the prioritization of outlets through social media data & automated updates to increase market penetration and better calibration of our route-to-market. We have built a best-in-class Data Platform where projects are delivered in production, leveraging the most recent technologies available on the public Cloud. We have designed a Data Academy program, in partnership with our HR team, to certify internally our employees.
- Work, as a data scientist expert, on one of the strategic data projects defined by the Group
- Advice and assist deployment of the group data-science global assets
- Assist on-boarding of Pernod Ricard affiliates on data-science projects
Roles and responsibilities:
Develop and evolve data global assets
- Work closely with the Data Science Lead and strategic data projects owners to understand business issues and to translate them into technical needs
- Work closely with the Digital team and the Software Engineer to ensure that the POC & MVP will be eligible for industrialization
- Assist as an expert the data-science capabilities developments
- Ensure analytics model quality assurance and validate them (peer validation)
- Manage cost and quality of the global data assets and products, support and improve them, make sure they use best-in-class technologies and best practices
Play an active role in the Data Community as technical expert
- Create and animate community of all Data Scientists stakeholders within Pernod Ricard group
- Assist and advice affiliates to scope and deliver data-science projects.
- Define and share data science best practices within the community.
- Facilitate re-use and sharing of global and local assets, best practices and projects.
- Enrich data Academy program dedicated to trainings, best practices, tips and tricks and project sharing across the group.
Foster a data-oriented culture
- Assist and accelerate data-science maturity within the strategic data projects
- Assist affiliates to build and deploy a data-driven culture to educate their local business and IT teams
- Contribute to foster a data-driven culture into the Group
Job Scope :
- Internal stakeholders: Global business teams, data stakeholders of all the affiliates, IT Managers, Business Relationship Managers
- Key External stakeholders: data External providers, cloud/data providers, communication agencies, Peers in noncompetitive companies
- Job scope: 100% international
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from Engineering School / University
- 2+ years of experience in a data positions, preferably in an international context.
- Languages and other skills:
- Fluent in English; French is a nice to have.
- Strong business acumen
- Confirmed team Management experience
- Deep insight into Big data solutions & data driven projects
- Excellent listening skills, strong attention to details, influencing style.
- Multi-tasking, ability to prioritize, capacity to work transversally within the data community in a changing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain effective working relationships. Foster collaboration and cultivate innovation. Adaptability and demonstrated ability to interact with team members at all levels
- Proactive in solutions building, autonomous & reactive.
- Results-oriented, tech savvy.
- Open-minded, creative, ability to promote diversity and identify diverse talents.
- Experience in core analytics methods (illustrative)
- Statistics (t-tests, ANOVA)
- Segmentation/clustering techniques
- Geographic cluster recognition and manipulation techniques
- Predictive modeling: e.g. logistic regression, linear regression
- Machine learning: e.g. LCA, Random Forest, neural networks
- Network analysis (location-allocation, travelling salesperson, vehicle routing problem)
- Time series analysis (ARIMA, VAR, etc.)
- Text mining & unstructured data analytics
- Simulation: e.g. MC, dynamic, discrete event
- Optimization: e.g. linear programming, heuristic
- Tools & technologies:
- Dashboarding Solutions (PowerBI, Qlikview, Tableau)
- Data tools: storage (S3, Snowflake, Elasticsearch), processing (Python/R)
- Data Science & AI: Pandas, tensorflow, scikit-learn
- PM & support: JIRA projects & service desk, Trello, Confluence
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date :
Target End Date :