161 Bay Street (93021), Canada, Toronto,Toronto, Ontario,
Data Scientist, Summer Intern/Co-op 2022
About Capital One Canada
We've been helping millions of Canadians for over 20 years by providing them with access to credit. We're on a journey to put our customers first, and keep them there, by providing innovative, smart solutions that make banking effortless.
Working with us
Capital One is more than you think. We're a data-driven tech company that just happens to do credit cards. We focus on customer-first solutions, and we're united with this common goal. We have all the advantages of a startup, with the resources of a big company. Working here means you're curious, innovative spirit will be encouraged as you push boundaries and try new things, while your career is nurtured and supported. Our environment is creative and filled with teams that are passionate about the dynamic work they're doing. We're ahead of other banks in tech and we want to keep it that way.
As the pioneers of analytics in the financial industry, we thrive on using data to solve complex problems and build a world class business. We offer exciting opportunities for innovation as the industry becomes increasingly focused on digital technology, and the amount of data available to ground our strategies continues to grow. With your help, we will build the next generation of banking in Canada based on customer-focused values, compelling products and great engineering.
Please include your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts in ONE PDF in the attachment section under Resume/CV when you create your profile to apply
Job Postings will close on Friday, January 21st at 11:59pm EST
Once you submit your application, you will receive an Online Assessment to complete. Please complete this assessment no later than Sunday, January 23rd by 11:59pm EST
Types of projects the Data Science team is involved in:
- Using Python and PySpark to analyze millions of transactions to understand and predict fraud patterns
- Exploring new proprietary data sources and creating predictive models or customer behavior
- Applying machine learning techniques to build financial risk models
- Create and test algorithms to optimize search engine marketing
- Design and develop data pipelines and visualizations to monitor model performance and data quality
- Obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Spring 2023 or earlier
- Pursuing a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative discipline
- Experience analyzing and manipulating large data sets using tools such as SQL or Python
- Experience with statistical analysis and data mining using tools such as Python, R, SAS, Matlab, Stata, or SPSS
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience in a Linux/Unix environment, with Git, AWS, or APIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous coop experience
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).