We are looking for an experienced Staff ML Engineer to join our Delivery Pricing team at Uber. Delivery Pricing team is responsible for the profitability and growth story of Uber''s delivery business across verticals including food and grocery. We are striving for a more pleasant/affordable experience for Uber’s customers and our products impact hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
About The Role
In this role,you will design and productionize end-to-end ML solutions to tackle strategically important challenges in Uber''s multi-sided marketplace, impacting the top-line and bottom-line of the business. You will provide ML technical leadership, help identify gaps/opportunities, and influence the direction of ML innovations in Delivery Pricing.
What You Will Do
- Partner with cross-functional teams (e.g. backend, ML infra, product) to enhance pricing products with ML
- Identify gaps/opportunities and drive improvement of ML application in Delivery Pricing levers
- Design and productionize end-to-end ML solutions to tackle strategically important challenges in Uber''s multi-sided marketplace
- PhD degree with 4+ years of applied ML research experience or a Masters degree with 6+ years of experience of applied ML research experience
- 3+ years of experience in developing and operating machine learning solutions in production environment
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, C++, or Java
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in developing and operating machine learning solutions in production environment
- Strong knowledge in economic modeling / causal inference / personalization and familiarity with modern research in the field is highly valued
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $207,000 per year - $230,000 per year.
For Sunnyvale, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $207,000 per year - $230,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber''s bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.