About the role:
The Data Engineer role spans a broad range of experience. Data Engineers are responsible for ingestion, transformation and integration of data to provide a platform that supports research, data analysis, data enrichment and data science as well as making data operationally available at scale to consuming products and services. This includes a particular focus on the reliability, efficiency and quality of data assets and processing/integration pipelines.
Working with and utilizing standardized tools, technologies and processes Data Engineers design, build and manage the data architecture that enables scalable production of data insight and they work very closely with Data Science to build and operationalize the algorithms that identify insights, predict behavior and prescribe action. This intelligence fuels the development of Decision-Driven Experiences for our customers.
Blackbaud Data Engineers understand how to leverage data for business value and social good, and our Data Engineering team develops, cultivates and curates our industry-leading platform of integrated data assets.
What you'll be doing
- Develop production level code. Own process features from design to implementation.
- Assemble data sets for use in R&D, data science, machine learning, or projection to operational stores.
- Maintain and enhance the infrastructure that provides efficient and scalable ETL/ELT and integration of data from multiple proprietary and 3rd party sources.
- Code, test and deploy data integration processes in support of various initiatives.
- Ensure quality of code, processes, and data assets.
- Contribute to broad programs that are large and diverse in scope and/or critical in nature. Exercises good judgment in determining technical approach.
What we'll want you to have
- 1+ year of ETL/ELT development, implementation, and support
- Understanding or knowledge of data integration concepts
- Understanding or knowledge of common cloud services (Azure or AWS)
- 1+ year utilizing and developing SQL for relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- 1 year of demonstrated success developing with Python
- Understanding or knowledge of Linux/Unix commands, scripting (bash) and file management
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin , Twitter , Instagram , Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company which embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.