Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, go to remote and flexible working to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Lead Data Scientist
- We’ll look to you to develop end-to-end solutions and translate problems and opportunities into high level solutions
- You’ll be providing high quality analytical input to support the development and implementation of innovative processes and problem resolution
- Gain valuable exposure and hone your technical expertise as you advance your career in this challenging role
What you'll do
As a Data Scientist, you’ll be defining appropriate technical solutions for programmes and platforms using your data science and engineering expertise to meet business requirements in accordance with business-wide change standards.
You’ll also be undertaking high quality technical analysis, design and delivery of technology solutions or components, including technical guidance, development, configuration and management services for technologies, platforms and products.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Capturing, validating and documenting technical requirements, making sure they are in line with key strategic principles
- Building, managing and maintaining a positive working relationship with stakeholders and third party suppliers across multiple franchises and functions
- Utilising our standard processes by understanding the development lifecycles and minimum mandatory requirements
- Managing the application of and compliance with our change framework and standards, including the use of Agile methodology
- Articulating and quantifying technical impacts in a tangible manner, which allows stakeholders to make informed decisions
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, youll have a background in data science and data engineering along with proven experience of applying technical analysis tools and techniques.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Experience in independently driving and delivering end-to-end data science projects in an Agile delivery environment through the whole life-cycle i.e. approach design, feature engineering, model development, model implementation and productionisation
- Demonstrable experience in productionising machine learning models, supervised machine learning (classification, regression etc.) as well as non-supervised machine learning models (clustering, anomaly detection etc.) to business benefit
- Working knowledge of using standard open source frameworks such as Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-Learn, NLTK, etc.
- Demonstrable Python & Jupyter Notebook development experience in developing scalable, robust and production level code with Object oriented programming (OOP)
- Experience managing people, mentoring juniors and growing capability in a team
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.