Data Analyst - Virtual Assistants
Brussels, permanent contract
We redefine banking. How about you?
- There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that is centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. All working to empower our customers to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We work following the Agile Way of Working which is driven by autonomy and easiest alignment.
Your role & work environment
- As a Data Analyst you will play a crucial delivery role in the data-driven culture supporting our products and services. You will be responsible for delivering valuable insights to improve client experience by applying the latest Analytics interaction techniques in the domain of dialogue systems and natural language processing.
- Your day-to-day job will consist of the exploitation / analysis of conversational data. You bring insights into technical possibilities and client needs in order to contribute to the design and construction of automated solutions that ensure an optimal client experience.
- You have a good background or very strong interest in analytics and IT which allows you to improve customer and employee journey via state-of-the-art virtual assistant solutions.
- As a Data Analyst, you will be part of an Agile environment by being a member of a multidisciplinary team of 10 specialists. Your colleagues have a rich background in data management and analytics both in IT and/or business. There is also an immediate link with the global Customer Dialogue Analytics activities.
Your key responsibilities
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets (both structured and unstructured textual data) in collaboration with data scientists, in order to improve performance of our virtual assistants
- Management of databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies to optimize data quality. Analyze data and performance levels of our dialogue systems and proactively propose improvements.
- Communicate these recommendations and provide data / analytical support to the stakeholders using both analytical and business jargon (written and oral).
- Work with the product owner to prioritize business and information needs, and accordingly implement them into an analytical approach
- Work closely together with a team of experts organized in a self-steering team, exercising freedom in defining goals and deadlines for each element you deliver as a team.
We are looking for:
- A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Data Analyst, you will also need:
- To take ownership on tasks assigned: you will be cultivating Analytics within the bank
- To be able to influence and convince not only peers but also the stakeholders based on analytical results
- To be capable to take decisions at tactical level and therefore build a trusted relationship with your squad members
- To be a team player
- To be analytical: extremely curious, constantly looking for an explanation; analyzing sharply, concise & to the point
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or alike with 3-5 years of experience within data reporting & statistics
- Experience with tools such as Python, SAS, Cognos, Webtrek or Adobe are a plus; an interest in these tools is a must
- Professional working language proficiency in Dutch and English with a basic knowledge of French
We offer you
- A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- A range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth via courses, trainings and challenging projects resulting in a steep learning curve in the fast moving world of Analytics in a bank that empowers people to develop their skills, along with an exciting challenge for people with true entrepreneurial spirit.