At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Sr. Data Scientist
for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
You are a Senior Data Scientist at Pitney Bowes and you thrive on impacting business by utilizing applied analytical Innovation to develop solutions, which you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges. In this role, you’ll join our Commerce Cloud Data & Analytics team in Danbury, CT and report to Vice President, Big Data & Analytics.
This position will sit full-time in Austin, TX.You will:
- Lead development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate potential future outcomes.
- Establish analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses. Methods will be implemented in Hadoop and R using advanced technologies.
- Define repeatable analytics delivery model with proven industry methodologies and tools.
- Motivate team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same.
- Anticipate and solve strategic and high risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Proactively identify conversion breakdowns on key retailer sites by analyzing clickstream data and purchase funnel metrics; develop and test new methodologies, technologies, or approaches to find potential conversion improvement opportunities.
- Provide guidance to develop enterprise-wide analytics strategy and roadmap.
- Interact with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/ business solutions.
As a Sr. Data Scientist, you have:
- Experience in Ecommerce, Retail, Financial, Insurance and Telecom industries with B2B, B2C and SMB market segments.
- Consulting background with modeling and programming.
- Experience in SAS or SQL; other programming languages. Predictive modeling experience, machine learning, and big data technologies such as Python, R, Hadoop.
- Familiarity with web/clickstream analytics tools (Amazon Retail Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Coremetrics, etc.) is preferred.
- Familiarity with geospatial analytics is plus.
- Familiarity with M2M/IOT Analytics is plus
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity with a passion for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ecommerce industry, products, systems, business strategies and products.
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career.
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization.
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com).
Pitney Bowes Commerce Cloud Data & Analytics team is focused on delivering strategically-impactful products to our external and internal customers, by building analytically-based solutions that integrate a wide range of internal and external large datasets within a cutting-edge Hadoop/Spark parallel-processing environment in AWS environment in the areas of Ecommerce, IOT and Geospatial domains.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!