Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Data Engineer
The DNA (Data & Analytics) group is responsible for enabling RBC to become a data-driven organization. As part of this mission, DNA works with various lines of business (Personal & Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance, Capital Markets, etc…) to create and build data-driven solutions to serve our clients better.
The DNA Data Services team will build data-driven products and services/API’s, tackle challenging and interesting data-related problems using RBC's massive internal datasets (client relationships, user behavior across channels, transactions, etc….) and strategically partner with the business to enable client interactions to be informed by Artificial Intelligence (AI).
What will you do?
- Create software for retrieving, parsing and processing structured and unstructured data.
- Define and build scalable ETL/ELT workflows for reporting and analytics.
- Build solutions to scale, monitor and operate data platforms for very high availability and performance.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery, with a strong commitment to leading with quality
- Explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation.
- Participate in code reviews for the engineers on your team, ensuring our delivery of clean, well-tested, and performant software
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent or; or diploma in related technical discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in developing scalable, configurable applications using Java or Scala or Python; experience leveraging big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, ELK, etc) to build data products and services
- 2+ years’ experience in building scalable, high performance, high availability applications
- A passion for simplifying and automating work, making things better, continuous learning, solving open-ended problems, improving efficiency, and helping others
- Strong communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally to articulate, measure and solve issues
- Experience of public cloud environments (AWS)
- Experience deploying to and running applications on Kubernetes/Openshift
- Experience of NoSQL stores (Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB, etc…)
- Experience with streaming or messaging technologies (Kafka, etc…)
- Experience building operational REST APIs
- Knowledge of vulnerability mitigation, identity management, public and private cloud security risks, and security best practices
- What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Supports the development and maintenance of scalable data stores that supply big data in forms needed for business analysis. Applies extensive, in-depth knowledge, skills, and practices to perform complex assignments.
CALGARY, Alberta, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.