Data Scientist Intern
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking individuals for our Data Scientist Intern opportunity in Costa Mesa, CA. This individual will work together with the Big Data Team, Marketing Analytics Team, or Web Analytics to provide technical and analytical support for various data driven projects.
- A Data Scientist Intern will learn the business goals/needs, utilize big data technology to ingest and analyze large amounts of data, and transform findings into actionable business opportunities.
- The candidate will develop and automate reports and dashboard using Tableau and Microsoft Excel to measure the performance of new data driven implementations and analyses.
- The candidate will use SQL, R, and/or Python to curate data.
- The candidate must possess clear communicative skills to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on quantitative analysis, computer science or technology
- Experience working with databases and SQL
- Working experience with Tableau a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Working knowledge of Big Data technologies desired
- Working experience with modeling tools such as R or Python desired
- Data Mining/Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence experience a plus
- Able to think outside the box and understand the big picture thought process
- Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
- 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
- Tuition assistance
- PTO for community volunteer programs
- Wellness program
- Employee discounts
The Automobile Club of Southern California is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have 14,000 employees in 21 states helping 17 million members. With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team.
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.