Device & Supply Chain is an enterprise function accountable for the end-to-end life-cycle of T-Mobile’s consumer-facing hardware portfolio (phones, chipsets, accessories, IoT), device services portfolio (insurance, warranty, trade-ins and financing), and supply chain operations (distribution centers, logistics, inventory, etc.).
This team also oversees the service we offer for device financing, mobile banking, and managing the millions of phones that get returned each year from our device services like remorse, trade-ins, lease returns and JUMP!.
The Supply Chain Data Science team’s focus is to use analytical excellence and statistical/machine learning methods to not only identify opportunities, but also deliver data driven solutions to improve operational efficiency. We aim to constantly improve forward and reverse forecasting paradigms and structures for higher accuracy and efficiency; designing and implementing large-scale modeling solutions that are fast, robust, and stable to further reduce needs for manual interventions for operations and increase efficacy of decision making in the Supply Chain organization.
• At least 18 years of age.• Legally authorized to work in the United States.• High School Diploma or GED.• Pre-employment background screen.
- M.S. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or in a related engineering/science field
- Outstanding ability to research and model abstract and not-well defined problems
- 4+ years of experience in statistical modelling, data mining and insights generation
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in development and implementation of statistical and machine learning models in time series forecast, predictive modeling and clustering analysis
- Superb database querying and data mining skills in SQL, SAS, Python, R
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical works to non-technical audiences.
- Flexible, self-starter, and comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Desire for a high level of responsibility and work in a team-oriented environment
- Build statistical and machine learning models for device sales forecast, and demand and supply forecasts for reverse programs like insurance, warranty, trade-in.
- Lead the implementation, assessment, and standardization of data driven solutions for data science and forecast team.
- Explore data to gain insights on consumer purchasing, upgrading and usage behaviors to guide portfolio curation strategy, demand planning decisions including promotions and device NPIs
- Perform ad hoc data mining and statistical analyses on complex business problems.
- Routinely partnering with T-Mobile marketing, commercial, retail, and customer care teams to drive alignment and success in T-Mobile device and supply chain opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.