The appointee will report to Lead Researcher and assist in in the research project – “Data Visualization and Modeling”. The appointee will work on the industry-driven research projects, and build demos and proofs of concepts for business data visualization and modeling. He/She will work in a team of research engineers and postdoctoral researchers, and collaborate with our industry partners to help develop tailor-made, state-of-the-art solutions
- have a recognized degree or above in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, System Engineering, or relevant disciplines, preferably with a master’s degree or a doctoral degree in aforementioned disciplines;
- have at least two years of experience in industry sectors, e.g. retailing and manufacturing;
- have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, with proficiency in Putonghua being an advantage;
- be familiar with at least one data analysis and visualization system, e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Data Studio, and Google Charts;
- have good knowledge of SQL/database/big data systems, e.g. Hadoop, MySQL, SQLServer and Oracle, DB2;
- have good knowledge of at least one of the deep learning frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe, and MxNet;
- have extensive experience in communicating with and presenting to customers and partner engineers;
- be responsive, self-motivated and deadline-driven;
- be a quick learner of state-of-the-art technology; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Centre Director or his delegates.
Applicants are invited to contact Dr Haibo Hu for further information.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.