We Are Hiring:
Ascension Information Services is one of the nation’s largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
- Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
- Improve efficiency and care transitions
- Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
- Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do:
Responsible for construction and development of large-scale cloud data processing systems
- The Data Engineer must have experience in data warehousing and job requires coding experience with Python and/or Java, SQL, and familiar with Spark languages.
- Must be able to understand and implement enterprise cloud data architecture designs, and will work closely with the Agile/scrum team and business partners to identify, evaluate, design, and implement large scale data solutions.
- The Data Engineer will work iteratively on a cloud platform to develop and implement scalable, high performance data solutions that offer measurable business value to customers.
- This role must be able to break down complex functional and technical requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies.
- This role will participate in Agile ceremonies and routines and is required to attend and contribute to daily standups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives.
- The Data Engineer will participate in design and code reviews, be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing existing data flows.
Required Work Experience
- One to four years of experience.
- Minimum number years of relevant experience: 2 Years
- Some of the minimum experience requirement may be met with Masters or other advanced degree
- Cloud Experience preferred
- Coding experience with one or many: Python, Java, Spark, and SQL
- Linux/Unix background and hands on knowledge.
- Past experience with big data technologies like HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hive,
- Experience with Shell scripting and bash.
- Experience with version control platform github
- Experience unit testing code.
- Experience with development ecosystem such as Jenkins, Artifactory, CI/CD, and Terraform.
- Experience with RDBMS systems and/or large scale data.
- Demonstrated success translating business requirements to technical specifications.
- Abilities to capture and consolidate functional requirements into technical requirements documents and communicate documents to the team.
- Works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial
- Assists senior professionals in determining methods and procedures for new tasks
- Leads basic or moderately complex projects/activities on semi-regular basis
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and analyze complex data sets
- Exercises independent judgment on basic or moderately complex issues regarding job and related tasks
- Makes recommendations to management on new processes, tools and techniques, or development of new products and services
- Makes decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group; provides guidance to and/or assists staff on non-routine or escalated issues
- Decisions have a moderate impact on operations within a department
- Works under minimal supervision, uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors
- Requires little instruction on day-to-day work and general direction on more complex tasks and projects
- Collaborates with senior professionals in the development of methods, techniques and analytical approach
- Ability to advise management on approaches to optimize for data platform success.
- Able to effectively communicate highly technical information to numerous audiences, including management, the user community, and less-experienced staff.
- Consistently communicate on status of project deliverables
- Consistently provide work effort estimates to management to assist in setting priorities
- Deliver timely work in accordance with estimates
- Solve problems as they arise and communicate potential roadblocks to manage expectations
- Adhere strictly to all security policies
Desired Work Experience:
- Proficient in multiple programming languages, frameworks, domains, and tools.
- Coding skills in Scala
- Experience with gcp platform development tools Pub/sub, cloud storage, big table, big query, data flow, data proc, and composer desired.
- Knowledge in Hadoop and cloud platforms and surrounding ecosystems.
- Experience with web services and APIs as in RESTful and SOAP.
- Ability to document designs and concepts
- API Orchestration and Choreography for consumer apps
- Well rounded technical expertise in Apache packages and Hybrid cloud architectures
- Pipeline creation and automation for Data Acquisition
- Metadata extraction pipeline design and creation between raw and finally transformed datasets
- Quality control metrics data collection on data acquisition pipelines
- Able to collaborate with scrum team including scrum master, product owner, data analysts, Quality Assurance, business owners, and data architecture to produce the best possible end products
- Experience contributing to and leveraging jira and confluence.
- Strong experience working with real time streaming applications and batch style large scale distributed computing applications using tools like Spark,
- Kafka, Flume, pubsub, and airflow.
- Master level technology degree preferred
- Technology certifications preferred
- Bachelor's in computer engineering or equivalent field or equivalent degree
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.