At eClinical Solutions, our goal is to leverage technology to accelerate clinical research and bring life-changing therapies to patients faster. Our industry-leading elluminate® clinical data platform is used by top life sciences companies worldwide to regain control of their data and provide meaningful analytical insights.
The eClinical Solutions Engineering team has true greenfield opportunities for software engineers who want to develop innovative revenue-generating products that are revolutionizing the Life Sciences industry. You will work on a team that is developing enterprise-level clinical data software. At eClinical Solutions, you will be recognized and rewarded for your ideas and accomplishments, all while contributing to the latest disruptive technology incorporating modern software architectures, data science, and advanced analytics.
Accelerate your skills and career within a fast-growing company while impacting the future of healthcare.
The Principal Data Engineer will work closely with clients and provide high level technical consulting services, configuration of the elluminate platform, development and oversight for specific projects that include trial configuration, quality control, project management, assessing new technologies, process improvements, system validation, SOP development, custom analytics development, clinical software implementations and integrations. platform configuration, ETL and custom analytics development.
The Principal Data Engineer will be a technical escalation point for the team, design solutions and provide oversight and direction on technical development and implementation aspects to the team of existing data engineers on various software service delivery related activities.
This position reports to a management position of the Professional Services Team.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as a technical lead to lead consulting efforts related to clinical systems software and design and develop any reporting programs as needed
- Provide programming support and quality control for system configuration, Data Extracts, Custom Reports and Visualizations
- Manage/Mentor technical resources to deliver client services
- Provide training services as needed to internal and external users working with training staff
- Ensure compliance with eClinical and industry quality standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Work closely with Sales Teams on staffing and project delivery services
- Define new/enhanced processes to support new and existing modules in elluminate
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, preferably in Services or senior consulting role
- Basic Science/Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8 years in database design and development experience
- Prior experience of leading technical teams is a plus
- Thorough experience in data warehouse architecture, design, and development
- Knowledge of clinical trial data is a plus - CDISC ODM, SDTM, or ADAM standards.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team and users
- Ability to steward a solution to its objective resolving challenges, conflicts and priorities
- Have critical observation and communication skills to Identify any gaps in processes or product
- Ability to work with various technical and non-technical teams both internal to eCS and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with users and clients providing solutions
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry, CRO / Clinical Trial regulated environment preferred.
- Experience in regulatory computer systems validation a strong plus.
- Proficient in SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL programming
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically MS Project and MS Excel
- Experience with multiple Database Platforms: Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, DB2 Oracle
- Experience with Data Reporting Tools: QlikSense, QlikView, Spotfire, Tableau, JReview, Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy, IBM DataStage, Informatica, Spark or related
- Experience with other languages and concepts: .NET, C#, Python, R, Java, HTML, SSRS, AWS, Azure, Spark, REST APIs, Big Data, ETL, Data Pipelines, Data Modelling, Data Analytics, BI, Data Warehouse, Data Lake or related
- Strong familiarity with EDC Systems: Rave, Trial Master, InForm, or Oracle Clinical preferred
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Our management team is committed to the principle that employment decisions are based qualifications, merit, culture fit and business need.