Data Analyst - Insurance
- 20000OBB)Data Analyst – InsuranceSainsbury’s Bank, EdinburghIn a nutshell
Work collaboratively with Data Enrichment Manager and Pricing Analysts, wider Bank colleagues and external partners to provide, improve and enhance the use of Data and Data Enrichment within Sainsbury’s Bank (SB), and deliver data work stack to bring about such contribution to SB’s Pricing Team. Support business lead role in data led preferential pricing projects. Support delivery of data enrichment facility for broker panel and retail pricing. Liaise with modelling functions to deliver robust, predictive pricing models to facilitate preferential pricing for our customers. Provision of project and data mining/extraction/analysis support for Data Enrichment Manager, Heads of Pricing and Team colleagues via data mining and modelling skills.What you need to do
What you need to know and show
- Contribution towards delivery of data and data enrichment within Insurances Team incorporating responsibilities for retail pricing, fraud prevention, pricing covering Operational & Head Office costs and preferential/predictive pricing projects across all insurance products
- Have an working understanding of all data held by SB and Parent
- Subject matter expert of all enrichment data available
- Maintain data environments in line with the group’s data policies
- Day to day deployment of the Sainsbury’s data enrichment hub
- Delivery of all rules and algorithms to regularly refreshed for all possible data response outcomes
- Work with external data providers (e.g. Experian, Lexis Nexis etc) to ingest, merge, clean, prepare, analyse and deploy data in batch and/or at point of quote
- Prepare data extracts to defined specifications for consumption both internally and externally, including for example CAIS data extracts, SMS extracts etc
- Assist in the definition of data specifications as appropriate
- Enhance data enrichment feed and work with Pricing managers/ Analysts to create improved preferential pricing to deliver SBs insurance targets
- Produce relevant enrichment MI in conjunction with the CDO and Data & Analytics Insurance team
- Deliver robust conduct risk tracking of enrichment process including panel engagement
- Work in collaboration with Pricing Team to deliver appropriate data and data correlation exercises
- Build working relationship with data SMEs at Insurance partners and across the Insurance product team
- Apply statistical techniques to deliver predictive models for the use of the Product pricing functions and panel
- Support Data enrichment manager in engaging parties re products where concept not yet activated
- Work with external solution provider to deliver enhancements to SB enrichment capability
- Collaborate with Customer Insights and Chief Data Teams to ensure provision of relevant data sets for both merge and lookup feed processes
- Utilise data environment and modelling knowledge to enhance predictive/ preferential data enrichment capability
- Maintain quote enrichment process ensuring live environment operates in a secure and robust environment
- Work with Data Enrichment Manager to support operational financial model
- Participate in discussions with external parties on data matters, business modelling
- Produce financial model in partnership with Decision Support Team
- Provide research and subject matter expertise support
- Embed common data policies and processes in Insurances Team
- Promote good data quality and usage practices in Insurances area
- Maintain close working relationships with internal colleagues
- Provide high quality analysis, analytics and papers as required to various committees
- Contribute positively to wider team issues and debates (e.g. with respect to strategy development, commercial issues and customer management)
Colleague Conduct Rules
- Experience in a statistical, data analysis or similar commercial role
- Strong analytical skills
- Preferably experience of Elastic Search, Python (SciPy, NumPy, pandas and others), or similar emerging IT and data technologies.
- Preferably an experienced user of SQL and Excel.
- Experience of delivering Data Enrichment strategies.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to manage workload and deliver insight with an ability to communicate concepts to colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication, stakeholder management, and relationship building skills, across peer group (both internal and external)
- Strong attention to detail with a desire for excellence in delivery and an appetite and drive to succeed.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a fast paced office environment as part of a professional team.
- Ability to manage and coordinate changing priorities, understand 'what good looks like', and capable of multi-tasking
The individual performing this role is expected to adhere to the conduct rules as specified by our regulators (PRA and FCA).Our benefits
In addition to the all-important salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
A little about us & our culture
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers.Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential.Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us, but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! Apply today and we’ll be in touch (we’re also happy to discuss flexible working options (including part time)
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.
Sainsburys Bank Lochside Sainsbury's Bank 3 Lochside Avenue Edinburgh EH12 9DJ