3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description
Data Engineering SpecialistCollaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative 3Mers.This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military experience to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Data Engineering Specialist, You Will Have The Opportunity To Tap Into Your Curiosity And Collaborate With Some Of The Most Innovative And Diverse People Around The World. Here, You Will Make An Impact By
Your Skills And Expertise
- Designing, developing, and maintaining scalable and efficient data pipelines and workflows in the cloud.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver the backend cloud architecture needed to support streamlining business processes through automation.
- Implementing standardized, automated operational and quality control processes to deliver accurate and timely data to meet or exceed SLAs.
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start)
- Three (3) years of experience as a Data Engineer, Cloud Architect, or a similar role.
- Two (2) years of experience using cloud platforms (e.g., AWS/Azure) for data pipelines and workflows.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or a related field.
- Certifications in any of the following: AWS/Azure, Snowflake.
- Expertise using multiple data engineering tools and technologies, including Python and different ETL frameworks.
- Experience managing and implementing CI/CD pipelines and cloud deployment scripts.
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to write complex queries, optimize query performance, and manipulate large amounts of data efficiently.
- Proficiency using Snowflake, including creating and managing views, tasks, and stored procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality solutions on time and within scope.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment using JIRA or similar tools.
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
- Work Your Way Eligible (Employee choice to work remote, on site, or hybrid)
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.Chat with Max
For assistance with searching through our current job openings or for more information about all things 3M, visit Max, our virtual recruiting assistant on 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
A 3M é um empregador que oferece oportunidades iguais à todos. A 3M não discriminará nenhum candidato baseado em sua raça, cor, idade, religião, gênero, orientação sexual, identidade ou expressão de gênero, nacionalidade ou deficiência.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.