At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
BHP’s Maintenance and Engineering Centre of Excellence (MECoE) is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying, achieving and maintaining the highest standards in maintenance for BHP globally.
This role will be performed from our Centre of Excellence hub based in our Brisbane office, supported by the latest technology to engage with our operations around the Australia and the globe. You will be a member of a diverse team of data analysis and analytics team of around 50 data scientists, systems dynamics specialists, data visualization specialists and data analysts.
As a Specialist Data Analysis,
your role will be key in ensuring the Maintenance function is continuously improving its effectiveness through having integrated fit-for-purpose Data Analytics processes. You will be part of a global function, whose fundamental outcome is to deliver data driven solutions that will support and improve the performance of our equipment and Maintenance processes.
In this role, you will:
- Makes sure relevant business problems are defined, including problem context, stakeholders, success measures and potential challenges
- Build business partnerships and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders within the MECoE and across BHP
- Apply innovative data analysis techniques to identify and solve the most complex problems in the business
- Confidently present ideas, results and recommendations to a variety of stakeholders
- Work collaboratively within the larger Data Analysis and Analytics team and business subject matter experts
- Keep up-to-date with latest trends and best practices in Data Analysis and Project Management
Your CV should ideally outline your skills and experience in the following areas:
- Significant experience within a project management framework and mindset
- Experience in structured problem solving approaches to generate business value through analytics
- Experience in planning and executing work using a disciplined approach, including task management and driving attainment of project goals
- Experience in working with variety of stakeholders and people with different areas of expertise
- Story telling using different forms of data visualization and presentations
- Expert knowledge and experience with various data platforms, programming languages (such as R or Python) and technology used in data analysis, analytics and visualisation
- Engineering qualification with practical experience in mining, maintenance or equivalent heavy industries, providing performance improvement solutions, and previous consulting experience will be highly regarded
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds with knowledge and/or experience within the mining industry and engineering disciplines. In return you will have the opportunity to learn a new industry in a supportive and coaching environment. We offer flexible working options and job share arrangements to promote and support diversity in our workplace.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.ImportantThe safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority.To protect the health and safety of vulnerable persons in line with current Government advice, you may be asked to undergo a COVID-19 related health assessment
.Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.