Data Analytics at EY | Data Science Manager
Data Analytics is one of the most exciting fields in today’s digital world. It offers challenging work, career development and great job satisfaction. EY’s mission is build a better working world by asking better questions and finding better answers – this is what data analytics is all about. What better way to help us achieve our mission then by working with our data science teams as we continue on this journey.
Data Analytics is one of our strategic growth platforms with plans to grow from 150 people today to over 200 in the next 2-3 years. We are transforming our business by embedding analytics in everything we do. We are helping our clients transform their businesses by doing the same, across industry sectors and lines of business. We are growing and so are our people. We are hiring managers, experienced professionals and graduates to work in a variety of roles.
Data Science Manager
Who are we?
Our data analytics team focuses on helping our clients unlock value from their information assets through collaboration with domain experts across assurance, tax, transactions and advisory to embed innovative data analytics solutions in existing services lines.
In response to strong market demand, we are seeking additional individuals to enhance our existing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the data analytics team who are changing how we deliver services to our clients.
Helping clients unlock value from their information assets through collaboration with domain experts across assurance, tax, transactions and advisory to embed innovative data analytics solutions in existing services lines through
- Statistical analysis and modelling tools such as SAS, SPSS, R or similar packages, data manipulation languages such as SQL.
- Prototype new algorithms, experiment, evaluate and deliver actionable insights.
- Continuously innovate and determine new approaches, tools, techniques & technologies to solve business problems and generate business insights & recommendations for our clients.
- Applying predictive modelling techniques to key business issues faced by our clients that can transform and improve their entire organisation.
- Develop sophisticated machine learning models and handle the building of these from development through testing and validation.
- Ensuring statistical rigor is applied to all analyses and business recommendations
- Leading a team with responsibility for a robust set of tools and infrastructure to sanitize, store and manipulate data (following leading standards for data security and privacy).
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams across a range of industries helping our clients, using our analytics to transform and improve their business
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships
- With guidance from partners, directors and senior managers, you’ll identify and act on potential business opportunities for EY
What we look for?
- 7+ years of experience as a data scientist, analyst or related field.
- A BS Degree in Statistics/Mathematics or quantitative field required (or experience equivalent), PhD/MS degree definite advantage
- Excellent SQL skills as well as significant experience with common data science and statistical toolkits such as R, Python, PySpark etc.
- Hands on experience of working with Python and/or R and associated tools/IDE’s (e.g. TensorFlow, scikit-learn, numpy, pandas)
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Expertise with business intelligence and/or data visualization tools such as MS PowerBI, Tableau, qlikview or spotfire.
- Prior experience in performance measurement, creatively applying regression techniques/modelling, optimization techniques, Simulation/ Digital Twins techniques, etc for business applications
- An ability to spot and pursue opportunities as well as to translate high-level directions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision.
- Analytically minded and have the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge quickly to deliver insights and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop others, managing, budgets, scope creep, expectations, deliverables, timelines, etc.
- Ability to communicate technical information in non-technical language
- Continuously builds and masters key technical, functional and professional skills
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the team
- Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments