CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group.
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers' expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world's 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
Among the Data Science Teams related to the CMA CGM Shipping Lines activities, you are deeply involved in developing high added value IA solutions, with a global scope of intervention.
You are particularly exposed to an international context with a tight relationship with the different business lines involved in these projects: Shipping Lines, Cargo Flow, Finance Department.
These projects will enable you to be confronted to very different challenges specifically faced by the shipping domain: client’s segmentation, pricing dynamic, supply chain optimization, costs reduction, fraud detection and reduction.
As a Senior Data Scientist by CMA CGM, you will intervene end-to-end, on the data science projects follow-up and monitoring:
Data Culture :
- Elaboration of business needs: understanding the business stakes to be able to propose relevant analysis with high added value (exploratory, descriptive, predictive, prescriptive)
- Definition of data collection / Data processing principles and methods
- Definition, development and maintenance of models
- Data processing and visualization technics
- Restitution of analysis and results obtained from business stakeholders (Shipping Lines) and follow-up monitoring (implementation, performance analysis, maintenance)
- Production launch of algorithms and deployment on cloud environments (AWS, CI/CD culture)
- Facilitation of the collaboration between the different teams involved
- Improvement and perpetuation of the existing models and analysis
- Develop, maintain, and nurture a constant technological watch and permanently challenge the models already developed
- Improve the efficiency and technicity of the projects
- Support your team to promote a continuous dynamic of skills development
- Participate in the identification, testing and recruitment of new high potential data scientists for your team
Qualifications and profile
- You have a pragmatic and realistic approach of Data Science topics
- You bring a strong business expertise on Pricing / Supply Chain domains
- You are autonomous and proactive
- You have an excellent communication capacity about your work toward technical or non-technical audiences
- You are creative, adaptable, you bring strong analysis and communication skills, you are rigorous and accurate. Your capacity to collaborate and your customer-oriented mindset are true assets for you to join our team.
- Your English is fluent, some of the team members don’t speak French.
- Knowing the shipping / transportation / logistic industry would be a plus
Nice to have:
- Graduated from a master’s degree, from an Engineering school or university, with a specialization in Data Science, Big Data, IA, or Mathematics
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the Data Science domain
- You bring a significant experience on the following topics: regression, classification, conversion probability, clustering, time series forecast, optimization, in particular related to pricing stakes
- You have solid skills in statistic / probabilities, Machine Learning
- You have Python / R programming skills
- Such as Data treatment: SQL, Spark
- You have a good knowledge of CI/CD processes (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment), collaborative tools (Git) and Agile methodologies
- An experience in Big Data and / or Cloud (especially AWS) would be a strong plus
- You have also worked on Dataviz tools: Python / R libraries, Qlicksense or similar, Flask app
- An experience in Operational Research and Deep Learning would be appreciated
- You are experienced on Linux line commands
Come along on CMA CGM’s adventure !