ChampionX has an immediate need for a Lead Sr. Data Scientist
located in The Woodlands, TX . This is your opportunity to join a growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.”
What’s in it For You:
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth.
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best.
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world.
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Use statistical, algorithmic, data mining, and visualization techniques to model complex problems, identify opportunities, discover solutions, and deliver actionable business insights.
- Own your projects and use this autonomy to find creative and innovative ways of solving problems and delivering solutions.
- Handle both parts of the Research & Development process, including clean, rigorous implementations of devised models inside our Analytics system.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Be in constant communication with team members and other relevant parties and convey results efficiently and clearly.
- Ability to quickly and accurately understand complex new concepts
- Be excited about collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them
- Ability to design, articulate and create something new. You will be a key member of the team that anticipates, researches and understands the needs of stakeholders
- Advanced degree in Math, Statistics, CS, a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in the data science field
- 2+ years of recent experience working in industrial space including asset/condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, etc.
- Hands-on, current experience with data analysis life cycle tools
- Working knowledge on Linux
- Experience with Python and/or other popular scripting languages
- Strong knowledge in SQL and ETL tools
- Working knowledge in tools such as Azure ML Studio, DataRobot, Dataiku, etc.
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX , we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.