Explore an exciting career in hospitality with Canadian Niagara Hotels Group of Companies!
We are situated in exceptional surroundings located just steps away from the iconic Niagara Falls. Offering a distinctive collection of many of the world’s leading hotel and restaurant brands with phenomenal views of one of the world’s natural wonders right outside your front door, including: Marriott, Sheraton and Crowne Plaza, Massimo’s Fine Dining, Prime Steakhouse, Mortons Grille, Milestones Grill + Bar, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café and many more. Paired with a wide selection of modern amenities that include: a large selection of unique event and meeting spaces, full-service spas, fitness centres, rooftop pool/indoor pools, balconies, indoor waterpark, and super entertaining arcade makes our property locations unparalleled; whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much-needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
The Revenue Management Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Junior Data Analyst who has a passion and aptitude for data analysis to support our efforts to maximize revenue and profit growth targets across multiple businesses. Reporting to the Director of Revenue Management, responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversight of BI tools, data analysis and data infrastructure supporting daily/monthly/quarterly updates of marketing materials and collateral.
- Design, develop and support next-generation data delivery, dashboards, and visualizations, serving the needs of our full range of end users, from representatives on the sales floor to PR and external clients, to the executive leadership team.
- Ongoing and project-based analyses - turning data into meaningful recommendations.
- Work autonomously to achieve our outcomes and manage your timelines, prioritizing between planned analytics projects and ad-hoc data requests
- Work with finance, marketing, sales and executive teams to create new reports or enhance existing reports as required.
- Manage regulatory, financial and executive reporting processes.
- Create and manage automated validations testing suites on all reporting processes.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications to existing databases.
- Work with Software providers and Data & Analytics Lead to design and oversee automated processes using principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Provide timely responses and solutions on issues that arise in day-to-day automated reporting processes.
- Proactively identify causes of poor data quality and implement and/or recommend activities to improve data quality with focus.
- Investigate data quality issues identified by data stakeholders as well as those detected by data quality monitoring rules.
- Continuously improve reporting implementation and adapt to changing technologies.
Knowledge and Skills:
- University or college degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or – quantitative/analytical related field.
- Experience in writing sophisticated SQL queries.
- Proficient with data visualization software, preferably Tableau.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including Pivot Tables, macros, formulas, and functions.
- Strong analytical skills; outstanding attention to detail - gathering and analyzing data.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills – comfortable analyzing data across multi properties and identifying insights.
- Familiarity with databases and ETL concepts and processes. SQL/SSMS/SSIS/SSDT strongly preferred.
- Strong technical and business acumen and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and help fellow colleagues, as well as working independently in a results- driven environment.
- Works well under pressure and can manage multiple tasks under time constraints.
- Focus / Initiative / Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to uphold confidential information.