Do you want to join the Microsoft Purview team supporting a fast-growing, multi-billion-dollar, data protection, security, risk and compliance business?
The Microsoft Purview Data science and Applied Research Team is bringing innovative advanced intelligence, AI, ML, search and NLP solutions into the Security and Compliance suite supporting hundreds of thousands of companies. With exponentially growing data, expanding to clouds, increasing security incidents, and growing data regulations, companies have a need for advanced intelligent systems to help them protect, govern, manage risk, discover, investigate, and respond with relevant data. Our team delivers the intelligence behind Purview compliance suite for Microsoft 365 customers. These award-winning intelligent technologies provide world class, enterprise data loss prevention, eDiscovery, auditing, information protection, information governance, regulations, and privacy solutions to Microsoft 365 customers both on premises and in the cloud. This suite is applied across customer data assets, all Microsoft workloads and is a revenue and usage growth engine for Microsoft.
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist who is passionate about leading and pushing forward innovative research for solving complex problems related to compliance scenarios. The candidate should have proven experience of designing and productizing intelligence and machine learning models in large-scale systems.
We support flexibility in choosing fully remote work, fully on-site work, or any balance of the two in between.
- ML innovation:
- Experiment with variety of AI techniques (statistical, traditional ML and AI) to build intelligent systems for broad range of problems.
- Implement state-of-the art machine learning models
- Data manipulation and generation:
- Innovate and develop advanced training data generation methodologies
- Define and manage datasets, data collection process that are needed to support the scenarios
- Define and manage effectiveness and quality metrics.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineering, and program manager teams to drive the solutions driven by data insights.
- Work with customer experience teams for design iterations, and customer issue investigation and response.
- Define processes and automation for scaling compliance intelligent systems to large set of regulations and policies
- Contribute to the AI innovation and build thought leadership via publications/patents and presence in industry/academic conference
- Bachelors/Master’s degree with relevant course work toward Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, or related or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of experience with tools like Python, Azure ML, R, TF, Pytorch, Sklearn or other statistics/ML tools.
- 1+ years of experience working with large data sets, using big data tools and scripting languages such as: SQL, Spark, Python.
- Master’s/PhD in data science or relevant field.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a technical role building and deploying ML solutions at scale for real-world problems.
- 1+ years of experience with natural language processing.
- Extensive data science skills.
- Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate solutions.
- Excellent Coding skills.
- Experience with regulations and business processes in enterprises.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.