This is a great opportunity to join a new team, to deliver a best in class Data Management capability for Micro services and Applications that interact with the JPM COIN, Block chain and our Account Services Franchised Account Services Technology (FAST). As a member of our Software Engineering team we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The FAST team sits within the Wholesale Payments Technology Account Services team, which is part of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). This is a Strategic multi-year investment working on multiple use cases at the cutting edge. Hence we are looking for passionate Software Engineers in order to build our new capabilities and extend our existing capabilities. In return, the candidate will be able to gain experience of development using a modern technology stack, and in the process gain experience of working within one of the most mature Agile teams within Banking Technology.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
A desire to work on a mature Agile project, with a focus on applying Lean techniques to maximize time spent delivering benefit.
- A willingness to actively particulate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
- A practical & pragmatic approach to working on technical re-engineering, while continuing to deliver business benefit in parallel.
- Knowledge, interest, and application of design patterns and development best practices, continuous availability.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a globally diverse team.
- An aspiration to become a T-shaped, full-stack developer.
- Participation in the out-of-hours support callout rota, providing production support cover.
- A strong background in Java and experience in developing multi-threaded applications is essential.
- Experience of Spring JDBC and SQL is required, together with a working knowledge of relational database systems.
- Experience of Continuous Integration technologies, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, Mocks, JMeter, JUnit, etc. is expected.
- Experience of the design and implementation of REST interfaces is desired.
- Knowledge of Pentaho would be beneficial.
- Experience in Big Data technologies of either Impala, Hive or HBASE or Distributed Databases like Cassandra, Cockroach
- Having working knowledge of Spark would be important for the project also having knowledge of Parquet would be useful.
- Strong in one or more of: SQL, shell scripting, system monitoring tools (NMON, IOSTAT).
- Hands on approach to technology with evidence of self-learning and deep understanding of a process, system or technology.
- Proficiency in working with the Linux OS and scripts is required.
- An interest in underlying physical infrastructure is advantageous.
- Experience with Application Containerization with Kubernetes
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.