***While this is a remote role, the candidate must live within a commutable distance of Richfield, MN, Boston, MA, Atlanta, GA or Seattle, WA.
Best Buy’s Digital and Technology Team is not just a software engineering team; we're a software engineering comm
unity; and we leverage cutting edge technology to deliver Best Buy’s digital solutions.
As a Senior Data Engineer with the Human Resource Analytics Engineering Team
, you will have the opportunity to work with and support the most critical function within any large enterprise. Your work at this Fortune 75 company will impact over 150,000 workers and expose you to a variety of different technologies in a fast-paced environment where you will have the opportunity to impact and deliver on an evolving data strategy.
The HR Analytics Team is all about ensuring that the data our stakeholders need is exactly where it needs to be, when it needs to be there. We’re not only enabling Best Buy’s Reporting and Analytics teams but also supporting dozens of internal systems that rely on HR data to complete their mission. Working closely with our internal and external product partners, our team will support Best Buy’s HR Transformation to become the best place to work by 2025.What you will do as the Senior Software Engineer, HR Analytics
- Act a technical lead forthe day-to-day activities of the HR Analytics Engineering Squad
- Mentor less experienced engineers and ensure the quality of their work
- Build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across a range of HCM workstreams and Best Buy's Enterprise Data Platform.
- Leverage your deep understanding of Best Buy's data models and data sources to provide the HR Analytics Product Owner with solutions that enable operational and analytical reporting and provide critical data to Best Buy’s internal systems.
- Lead the development of solutions to extract, load, transform and make available data from Best Buy’s HCM platform and expose it for consumption to a variety of systems.
- Lead the development of Workday Prism Data Sources to support Workday reports requiring data outside of Workday.
- Lead development of Workday Prism ELT pipelines to ingest data from identified data sources outside of Workday.
- Elevate the performance of your team through continuous improvement activities, code quality reviews, software engineering patterns and other practices.
- Ensure your team's services, and integration implementations are fully documented and aligned to approved solutions and that the documentation is maintained.
- Provide production support for your application and services
- Assist the Senior Engineering Manager, HR Analytics to recruit and build a team of 3-5 highly skilled, collaborative, and energetic software and data engineers.
- Continue to refine your craft through continual learning and professional development
- 3 or more years of software development experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 1 or more years with cloud computing platforms such as Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure
- 1 or more years of experience delivering and supporting ETL/ELT pipelines in production
- 1 or more years of experience with Java, C#, or other OO programming language
- 5 or more years of software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3 or more years of experience developing services, microservices and serverless functions with Java, Spring, REST, SOAP
- 3 or more years of experience developing services, microservices and serverless functions with JSON, XML
- 3 or more years of experience developing with Oracle and SQL Server datastores
- 2 or more years of experience developing with Google Cloud Platform (especially GCS and Big Query)
- 2 or more years of experience developing with NoSQL data stores, such as BigQuery, Cassandra, MongoDB
- 2 or more years of experience developing with SQL data stores such as PostgreSQL, CockroachDB
- 2 or more years of experience developing Workday HCM and Prism reports, integrations and data pipelines
- Disciplined software engineering habits including: TDD, Automated Unit Testing