Live Oak is more than a bank. Live Oak helps people realize their full potential so they can create meaningful impact at work, home or in their communities. As an innovation hub, we fully embrace a bold approach to solving problems and surpassing goals. Daily life at Live Oak centers around a culture of taking care of each other, which has made us one of the most desirable places to work. We’ve topped the list of American Banker’s “Best Banks to Work For” because of our unparalleled dedication to our people. Our commitment to our customers and our culture is intertwined, so we seek those who embody and embrace what it takes to empower the American dream. Learn more at liveoakbank.com.How This Role Impacts Live Oak And Its People
The analytics team at Live Oak creates data science and analytics solutions to improve our processes and products. We work closely with key stakeholders to deeply understand their business and identify key areas where data can have a large impact. In this role, you will also gain a deep understanding of small business banking.What You’ll Do At Live Oak
How You’ll Do It
- Work with key stakeholders to define and measure critical KPIs
- Build data visualizations to monitor business unit performance and display key insights
- Deep dive into complex data sets using SQL and python to improve business and product decisions
- Use machine learning to greatly increase the efficiency of our processes and products
- Identify new data sources and work to integrate them into our data platform
- Communicate and present results to key stakeholders to drive business value
Required And Preferred Experience
- Top Tier Intelligence: Ability to simplify complex situations; ability to make sound judgments; ability to research and analyze data to drive strategies and outcomes.
- Creative Thinker: Values innovation and evaluates multiple alternatives to achieve goals.
- Execution-oriented: Capable of delivering a strategy/concept to completion, measuring performance, evaluating, and reacting appropriately.
- Partner focused: Engenders trust among peers and partners. Concerned for personal and professional development of others. Demonstrates real empathy with the success and failures of others.
Required To Thrive At Live Oak
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or another related field
- 2 years related work experience in analytics
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python), data querying languages (e.g. SQL), and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Strong partnership skills and the ability to work collaboratively across various groups in the organization
- Advanced degree preferred
- Dedication – You possess a deep commitment to Live Oak Bank’s mission and core values, exemplified through a strong work ethic, adaptability and pride in your work.
- Ownership – You take initiative to deliver positive results by proactively and creatively solving problems, while maintaining a high degree of quality.
- Innovation – You embrace fresh ideas and fearlessly contribute new solutions to emerging or existing problems.
- Teamwork – You understand that together, we do more. Only through collaboration, accountability and trust can we accomplish our mission.
- Respect – You treat everyone with courtesy, politeness and kindness.
At Live Oak Bank, we are passionately focused on creating an inclusive and genuine environment! We encourage you to apply for roles that you believe you’d be a great fit for, even if you feel your past experience does not perfectly match every requirement. As we continue to grow, our Talent Team will match the skillsets of current and prior applicants with open roles within our organization. As we say at Live Oak, Paint the Target! and go after your goals!“The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Live Oak Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status or disability. Equal access to programs, service and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
EEO is the LawCommitment to Diversity
Live Oak Bank is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at Live Oak Bank and is an important principle of sound business management.