A Successful Candidate Will Have Knowledge And Experience With The The Following Tools
Healthcare Staffing Professionals has an immediate need for a Data Scientist. The Data Scientist will be part of a data science team that supports the core epidemiologist team implementing the surveillance system and COVID-19 response in Los Angeles County. This person will be working in a highly dynamic environment; managing numerous tasks that fall within a spectrum of data engineering, data analysis, data modeling, and model development/monitoring verticals. Because of this we are most impressed by candidates that have more or less full stack data science experience and are passionate about end-to-end applications of data science to support public health.
- Airflow (with DBT and Celery)
- RStudio Professional Stack (Workbench, Connect, Package Manager) in both R and Python
- GitHub Enterprise for version control
- Ansible on Red Hat Enterprise Linux with some Docker
- Both RDBMS and HDFS frameworks
The position will start immediately upon acceptance and employment clearance and is initially funded through 2/22/2023 with potential renewal.
$53.71/hr working 40 hours a week
Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time, PTO
Employer Fully Funded Healthcare (Anthem Blue Cross), Dental and Vision, Life Insurance from Initial Start Date.
Shifts: M-F 100% Telework
Employee will be working a minimum of 8 hours a day between the hours of 7 AM to 7 PM.
- Ability to help in the transformation effort of procedural epidemiologic analysis code into an ETL pipeline that is modular, testable, and fault tolerant;
- Deduplication and fuzzy matching to support fast record linking of many outside data sets or feeds;
- Conducting COVID-19 specific epidemiologic analyses incorporating feedback from many stakeholders that is cognizant of compute resources and efficiency;
- Internal collaboration with division and department stakeholders to define workflows that leverage the data science teams expertise from conception through implementationidentifying a scope, solving challenges with new tools, and cross training to build capacity;
- Building and deploying automated analytic end products such as dashboards, blast emails, static reports, model explanation visualization, etc, to communicate with both internal and external audiences;
- Develop and present novel findings and recommendations that can be used to support the enterprise make business decisions and allocate resources.
- Play a key role in the ongoing solution architecting that underpins enterprise-wide data governance and management with the IT department
Healthcare Staffing Professionals, Inc. (HSP) is a leading edge Staffing and Recruiting Firm that provides Healthcare professionals to our many clients in the State of CA and Nationwide. Established in 2006 HSP has continued to expand and improve how we serve the needs of our valued clients. We are constantly striving to add energetic, talented, customer service oriented and performance driven members to our team.