What Makes Us, Us
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while we’ve grown to a company of nearly 7000 employees, our focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago — to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members and the community.
We support your Real Wellbeing so you can better support our members’ and customers’ wellbeing journey
There Are Four Key Attributes That Set Us Apart
- Good people : We strive to set ourselves apart through the capability, warmth and expertise of our people.
- Wellbeing experts : Our breadth of capability enables us to provide smart solutions and services across all domains of wellbeing.
- Long-term commitment : As a member-owned company, we’ve been focusing on long-term outcomes and single-minded dedication to our members and customers since 1840.
- Driving positive impact : Everything we do is focused on making a positive difference at a personal, community and societal level.
These pillars are infused with our values of bold
Australian Unity is currently looking for a highly skilled and accomplished Data Engineer to join our team in the Home Health and Specialist Care division of our business. As a Data Engineer, you will have a pivotal role in the design, development, and delivery of a scalable data platform that prioritizes in speed and accuracy. This platform will enable our business to extract valuable insights and drive data-informed decision-making aligned with our strategic and operational goals.
What You Will Do
- Lead the effort to promote the adoption and usage of the EDP (Enterprise Data Platform) and associated concepts across the organization, highlighting their advantages and value.
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to gather requirements, conduct thorough analysis, define measurable metrics, and establish realistic timelines.
- Transform business requirements into detailed functional and non-functional technical solutions.
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels to identify and capitalize on opportunities for improving efficiency and optimizing processes
- Design and develop the architecture, data models, and workflows for the enterprise data platform and analytics solutions.
- Implement data ingestion, transformation, and storage processes using appropriate technologies and best practices.
- Build and maintain data pipelines, ensuring data integrity, reliability, and efficiency.
- Develop scalable and optimized data processing and analytics algorithms.
- Integrate data from various sources, both internal and external, ensuring data quality and consistency.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven expertise with 5 years of hands-on experience in the design and development of enterprise data platforms and analytics solutions in AWS, utilizing various AWS toolsets.
- Strong proficiency in data modeling, data integration, and ETL/ELT processes.
- Proficient in various programming languages, including Python, TSQL, or Powershell.
- Extensive background in working with cloud data platforms and distributed computing frameworks.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and frameworks, with a focus on Tableau.
- Solid understanding of data security, privacy, and compliance requirements.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to translate complex business requirements into practical technical solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, enabling effective engagement with stakeholders at all levels
You will enjoy a range of great employee benefits and rewards including:
- Competitive Remuneration and variable bonus
- A range of attractive product and service discounts from Australian Unity’s Retail and Wealth Management portfolio – including health insurance and banking products
- Flexible Working Arrangements including Work-From-Home days with a real work-life balance
- Available access to LinkedIn Learning courses through our great Learning platform
- Additional paid Wellbeing and Volunteer leave days yearly
Where to from here?
Please contact Henry Reyes, Talent Acquisition Specialist, for a confidential discussion or more details – firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that all Australian Unity employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19. Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people.