DirectViz Solutions (DVS), a high-level strategic consulting services firm that meets mission IT needs for Government clients. DVS is hiring a Data Analyst for a customer in Arlington, VA. A Secret security clearance is required.
The Data Analyst, serves as subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of Data Management (DM). Organizes and interprets data to inform senior decision makers and drive successful operations. This position will work with advanced hardware, software and techniques to develop computational algorithms and statistical methods that find patterns and relationships in large volumes of data. The candidate shall have demonstrated knowledge in data frameworks, Cloud, and innovative technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). A Data Management Certification (CDMP) is preferred for this position.
Major duties and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
Experience vetting/reviewing legacy systems (current state data) for inclusion in a new Data Management System and the transfer of that data to an end-user consumable product.
Provides technical knowledge and analysis of DoD and commercial best practices, concepts, and methodologies to improved performance. This should also include integration, and documentation, bringing together executive data analysis for senior level decision making.
Participate as needed in all the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
Applies principles, methods and knowledge of the DM processes and systems to difficult and narrowly defined technical problems.
Work across the organization to develop an enterprise approach. Effectively document the process, gather and disseminate information.
Must have strong organizational and time management skills including attention to detail, ability to take initiative, interpersonal skills to work as part of a team, and integrity to work independently and possibly remotely.
Must be able to maintain your security clearance and stay current with all certifications required for system access.
This is a non-supervisory position; this position reports to the on-site Program Manager.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: BS, preferably in a technical or business field
- Years: more than 3 years of Data Management experience
- Clearance: must have an active DoD Secret clearance
- Experience using Data Analytics tools such as ADVANA and VANTAGE
- Familiarity with three (3) key data science skills, strength in at least one (1):
- Mathematical techniques to understand and interpret data.
- Computational or programming techniques to create reusable and scalable solutions.
- Interaction or visualization techniques to enable clarity in interpreting data and making decisions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (as it relates to DM and storage)
- Comfortable briefing to and interfacing with senior management to include at the SES/GO level
- Experience with the National Guard and/or Headquarters/Joint Staff level support
- Previous support to a CIO/CDO/CTO office
- Proficient with tools such as Visio and MS Office
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Level clearance
DirectViz Solutions, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.