As a Data Analyst in the Data Integrity team, you will ensure that Zalando's most crucial analytical data assets are managed and developed in ways that maximize their value for Zalando. This includes the identification of particularly valuable data sets via qualitative and quantitative research, the definition of guidelines for data and metadata quality, and the definition of processes to improve the potential business impact of these datasets including their representation in different infrastructure environments like the Data Lake and reporting tools.
You will work with diverse stakeholders to implement processes that support the integrity of data assets throughout their entire lifecycle, and develop expert knowledge into our data (system) landscape.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Collaborate with Data Analysts and Data Engineers to leverage the value of data
- Gain deep insights of Zalando's centrally owned data assets and data landscape in order to develop solutions that optimize the management of data
- Contribute to high standards along the data journey of data scientists, data engineers and data analysts by performing analytical tasks, developing guidelines and processes for data and metadata quality, proactively looking for process improvements and coordinating processes across different teams
- Interact closely with stakeholders by understanding their needs when working with data, ensuring data principles are implemented and taking care of the stakeholder communication
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Obtained an academic degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, Business Informatics, Mathematics, Economics or comparable subject, with an academic record of high achievement and at least 3 years working experience in a data driven environment
- Outstanding communication skills in English, with the ability to express functional and technical requirements across cross-functional teams throughout various business units
- Creativity and passion for solving unique problems in the data space
- Advanced skills in SQL is a must, experience with Databricks, Presto, S3, Hive, BigQuery, Python is a plus
- Ability to formulate clear problem statements and hypotheses as well as potential solutions based on data insights
- Strong capability to research, self-learn, and develop deep expertise in the data management area
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.