Community Services Data Analyst (DC4/MPD)
71088878 Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified upon acceptance of a contingent job offer. Please note, medical or religious accommodation may be available once an offer of employment is made.About the Division:
The Mission of the Medicaid Program Division
(MPD) is to provide high quality health care through innovative health policies, process improvement, and purchasing strategies which assist in the purchase and delivery of medical services to qualified Washington citizens. MPD staff work across the agency, between agencies and in partnership with health care providers and contracted evaluators, to develop and manage high-quality, evidence-based, health care programs and purchasing of services that enhance Apple Health clients’ ability to access appropriate, quality health care. About the position:
The Community Services Data Analyst
performs highly complex tasks and serves as the primary Medicaid Programs Division (MPD), Community Services Section, data analyst/programmer responsible for budgetary, utilization, and evaluation reports. This position is also responsible for database development covering multiple statewide HCA and interagency programs. This data is used to inform program policy decisions and strategic planning activities.
This role is responsible for resolving statewide issues related to data driven information and policy development, program research, planning and reporting, as well as providing leadership and consultation to HCA staff, management, and executive leadership regarding data and analytical needs and database formats.
This position is eligible to telework and is typically not required to report on-site.
Some of what you will do:
Write programming (i.e.: SPSS, SAS, and Python) to build databases and data files to support Community Services program policy development and strategic planning activities, including but not limited to the statewide Interpreter Services, First Steps MSS/ICM/CBE, CUP, NEMT, SBHS, and MAC programs.
- Produce complex reports as requested by executive leadership or other HCA Divisions/Programs, including executive management and external customers for use in managing, monitoring, and evaluating programs and services.
- Compile data, facilitate design, transcribe, maintain, and produce customized databases essential for mandated federal and state reporting for multiple programs
- Construct complex Procedural Language Structural Query Language (PL/SQL) queries to retrieve data from ProviderOne Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Serve as primary MPD programmer/ data analyst responsible for mandated (Federal and State) and essential management reports for multiple statewide Community Services and HCA programs.
- Respond to internal and external requests for data files/reports/public disclosure from multiple internal and external parties, provider groups, academic and research institutions, special interest groups, and the public regarding HCA medical programs.
- Design and execute complex data access queries utilizing various application tools (PL/SQL,, Cognos Analytics , Tableau, and Power BI) and write programming essential to production of statewide Community Services and HCA program databases and reports.
- Provide subject matter expertise and report to management any aberrations/irregularities in payments or program policy discovered during analytic process. Recommend edits/changes in system processes to prevent improper or excessive payments.
- Serve as GIS (Geographic Information Systems) developer and database manager for Community Services programs.
- Provide expert advice and consultation to executive management, internal divisions, and outside organizations.
A Bachelor's degree including college level course in Statistics and/or Mathematics.
- Three years of experience working as a Data Consultant 3 or an equivalent amount of experience in statistics, analysis or research. Graduate training in related discipline may be substituted for up to two years of experience.
- Equivalent education/experience.
How to Apply:
- Experience with various application tools (Cognos Analytics, Tableau, Power BI, Microsoft Excel)
- Experience with SPSS or SAS statistical programs, Python
- Ability to design and write queries in PL/SQL
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping and analysis
Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on their NEOGOV profile will be considered. Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. To apply for this position, you will need to complete your profile and attach:
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications for this position.
- Current resume.
- Three professional references, including a minimum of one past supervisor.
The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) is committed to whole-person care, integrating physical health and behavioral health services for better results and healthier residents.
HCA purchases health care for more than 2.5 million Washington residents through Apple Health (Medicaid), the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program, and the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program. As the largest health care purchaser in the state, we lead the effort to transform health care, helping ensure Washington residents have access to better health and better care at a lower cost.
What we have to offer:
Meaningful work with friendly co-workers who care about those we serve Voices of HCA
- A clear agency mission that drives our work and is person-centered HCA’s Mission, Vision & Values
- A healthy work/life balance, including alternative/flexible schedules and mobile work options.
- Infants in the workplace Infants at the Workplace Video
- A great total compensation and benefit package WA State Government Benefits
- A safe, pleasant workplace in a convenient location with restaurants, and shopping nearby.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- And free parking!
The Washington State Health Care Authority is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that provides equal access and opportunity to anyone who qualifies, regardless of sex, race, age, color, religion, mental or physical disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression and/or military status. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Human Resources Office at 360.725.1723
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment.