As Principal Data Scientist @ Anova - Bring your unique experiences and talents to the leading global provider of Industrial IoT (IIoT) products and solutions - Build a world-class IIoT platform with unified software architecture within a casual, creative, and collaborative working environment - Be a valued addition to a small and dynamic development team based in Portugal (GMT+1) - Build innovative technology that makes our world more safe, efficient, reliable, and connected - Be an effective team player from a seat away or from a time zone away, because you embrace the need to think outside the box, rollup your sleeves, and resolve problems on your own - Qualified candidates that are seeking fully remote work will be considered and are encouraged to apply!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the practice of Data Science & Machine Learning across a global organization
- Perform exploratory data analyses and bring together datasets from across the organization over its lifetime to power insights for Machine Learning models
- Research, develop, and build Machine Learning models based on evolving product needs and requirements
- Partner with engineering to deploy models to and automate learning on a data pipeline that will soon scale to billions of merchant products
- Own and refine outcomes on models that accommodate an ever-changing landscape of merchant websites across the internet
- Work with other stakeholders to build tools and set best practices for automating and transforming data at scale
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Proven expertise, including professional experience and a demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Statistical & Machine Learning models (assumptions and limitations) in Data Science
- Experience working with large data sets - using R, Python, or related technologies - and deploying models to production environments at scale behind either an API or in stream - ideally experience within a high-growth environment, such as a start-up
- An effective team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A keen eye for detail and an approach to problem-solving that is both methodical and innovative – when something goes wrong, you don’t panic, you embrace the need to think outside the box and resolve problems on your own
- An understanding of functional programming languages (e.g., Scala), as well as Industrial IoT (IIoT) experience, are not required, but a huge plus!
- An innate drive to learn, mentor, lead, and improve the ‘status quo’
- Fluency in English - both written and spoken - is essential
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related quantitative field - or - Bachelor's degree and a significant track record (5+ years' experience) working on a data team required
- Our scale is global, our service is local – we collaborate closely with customers to develop specific solutions, assist with deployment strategy, and provide top-of-the-line support in a dozen languages
- We’re constantly looking toward the future – driving innovation in new communication technologies, battery life, mobile applications, and more – to help you stay ahead of the curve and ahead of the competition
- We value your hard work, integrity, and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being
If this sounds like a fit for you, please apply to join the Anova family in connecting the industrial world – for better.
For more information about how Anova is transforming the Industrial IOT industry, visit us at www.anova.com.