Basic Requirements :
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science,
Analytics, Software Engineering, Operations Research, or related analytic
field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics or similar
engineering discipline (advantageous)
- English – Read, write and speak (required)
Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in:
- ETL, data processing and data mining, with a focus on large
database transactions, with 2+ years in a data analyst role in
- Data modelling and database management
- Developing analytic pipelines with programming languages such
as Embedded C/C++/Python
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry and engineering analytics
(such as Fourier analysis, vibration analysis and signal
- Training and Deployment of Machine Learning models using
AWS Sagemaker, on both edge devices and cloud computing
- Microservice-based IoT architecture components including
ReSTful APIs, gateways, messaging protocols (MQTT) and
containerization technologies such as Docker (advantageous)
- Architectures for distributed computing in support of parallel
analysis algorithms on premise and AWS cloud
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and
disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to
detail and accuracy
- Professional software engineering & best practices for full
software development life cycle, including coding standards, code
reviews, source control management, continuous deployments,
testing and operations
- Communicating with users, software development engineering
teams, and management to collect requirements, describe
software product features and technical designs
- Analyses machines and equipment to establish
operating data, conducts experimental tests, and
- Setting up and managing new data pipelines on
premise AWS cloud.
- Data analysis of historical manufacturing operations
and build statistical performance profiles of machine
and manufacturing assembly activities.
- Develop simulation and artificial intelligence algorithms
in support of operations optimisation of Industrial
Engineering use cases.
- Deployment of models into production environments
(on premise and cloud)
Communication & Reporting :
- Provide information on feasibility of prospective
analytical applications and participate in analytic
project decision making.
- Work alongside software developers and software
engineers to translate algorithms into commercially
viable products and services.
- Work closely with customers, managers, and technical
teams to define scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Work independently and with technical team to
develop analytic products and machine learning based
- Develop plans, designs experiments, outlines research
procedures to be followed.
- Plans schedule of activities according to organization’s
timetable, and establishes daily or weekly routines
necessary to meet project timelines.
- Performs and reports interim analysis of accumulated
data to provide status of project or research.
- Authors technical reports, prepare and present project
communication for customers, key stakeholders.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted 2 weeks after the closing date.
Closing Date: 20 August 2021