Kforce has a client seeking a Remote Senior Data Engineer on a contract basis. Summary: The Remote Senior Data Engineer will be asked with contributing to the data warehouse/lake operations, as well as support existing data operations. The existing data operations include data pipeline, ETL, data lake/warehouse, data structure development, and troubleshooting of data issues. Additionally, the Remote Senior Data Engineer will be write complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and SSIS packages. This role will work on a team that is responsible for building next generation data & reporting platform.Requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of industry experience working in data & reporting area, knowledge of healthcare data will be a plus
- 5+ years of experience working on Datawarehouse, ETL process/pipeline, Data Workflow, Query Plans & Optimization
- 5+ years of experience in MS SQL, T-SQL, ETL Jobs
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft tools like SSMS, SSIS, SQL Server
- 5+ years of experience in writing query plans, indexes, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working with Analytics team (like Tableau, PowerBI - preferred)
- 2+ years of experience working on Azure Cloud is preferred
- Strong understanding of database concepts and schema (like star, snowflake schema)
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
The pay range is the lowest to highest compensation we reasonably in good faith believe we would pay at posting for this role. We may ultimately pay more or less than this range. Employee pay is based on factors like relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, location, performance, union contract and business needs. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA, FSA, 401(k), and life, disability & ADD insurance to eligible employees. Salaried personnel receive paid time off. Hourly employees are not eligible for paid time off unless required by law. Hourly employees on a Service Contract Act project are eligible for paid sick leave.
Note: Pay is not considered compensation until it is earned, vested and determinable. The amount and availability of any compensation remains in Kforce's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified in its discretion consistent with the law.
This job is not eligible for bonuses, incentives or commissions.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Salary: $55 - $70 per hour