Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career - a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Big Data Design Modeler focuses on the evaluation, design, and execution of data structures, processes, and logic to deliver business value through operational and analytical data assets. The Big Data Design Modeler uses advanced data design and technical skills to work with business subject matter experts to create enterprise data assets utilizing state of the art data techniques and tools.
- Works closely with Regions Technology partners to Design, Build, and Maintain the data-based structures and systems in support of Data and Analytics and Data Product use cases
- Builds data pipelines to collect and arrange data and manage data storage
- Designs and prepare data as part of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) or Extract, Load and Transform (ELT) processes
- Stitches data together with logic, code scripting, and standard ETL/ELT tooling
- Coordinates design and development with Data Products Partners, Data Scientists, Data Management, Data Modelers, and other Technical partners to construct strategic and tactical data stores
- Ensures data is prepared, arranged and ready for each defined business use case
- Designs and deploys frameworks and micro services to serve data assets to data consumers
- Collaborates and aligns with technical and non-technical stakeholders to translate customer needs into Data Design requirements, and work to deliver world-class visualizations, data stories while ensuring data quality and integrity
- Provides consultation to all areas of the organization that plan to use data to make decisions
- Supports any team members in the development of such information delivery and aid in the automation of data products
- Acts as trusted adviser and partner to business leads- assisting in the identification of business needs & data opportunities, understanding key drivers of performance, interpreting business case data drivers, turning data into business value, and participating in the guidance of the overall data and analytics strategy
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
This job is typically Tactical (40%) and Transactional (60%).
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a technical related field
- Ten (10) years of data-oriented experience including experience managing data and analytics resources
- Prior banking or financial Services experience
- Experience developing solutions for the financial services industry
- Background in Big Data Engineering and Advanced Data Analytics
Skills and Competencies
- Experience building information solutions with large data sets
- Experience designing and building relational data structures in multiple environments
- Experience with Unifi Data Catalog and Data Wrangling methods or related Metadata tools for Data definitions and documentation
- Experience working with Hadoop eco system building Data Assets at an enterprise scale
- Hands on use of Python, Scala, Sqoop or related programming tools to assist in the Data engineering function
- Proven record of accomplishment of delivering operational Data solutions including Report and Model Ready Data Assets
- Significant experience working with senior executives in the use of data, reporting and visualizations to support strategic and operational decision making
- Strong ability to transform and integrate complex data from multiple sources into accessible, understandable, and usable data assets and frameworks
- Strong background in synthesizing data and analytics in a large (fortune 500), complex, and highly regulated environment
- Strong technical background including database and business intelligence skills
Regions Center - Birmingham