FLEETCOR is seeking a Data Scientist to support the North America Fuel business product. The position will be located in Atlanta GA office, being a key member of North America Fuel Risk Management team.
In this role, you will be responsible for risk modeling for acquisition, account management and collection. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets, improving business outcomes and providing leadership teams with insights gained from data.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for business model and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. The candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. He/she must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data - based insights and must be comfortable working with a wide range of data types and requests, including financial and non-financial data.
- Develop and maintain credit risk, fraud, collection models and algorithms to implement. Identified business opportunities and strategic changes; monitor and modify models regularly for best model outcomes;
- Research internal and external (i.e., credit bureau data) data sources/attributes and ML/AI approaches to increase predictive power and optimize customer experiences, risk management, and other business outcomes
- Develop processes and dynamic data dashboards to forecast risk and monitor model performance, alert of business risk based on underlying business & market trends
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Communicate analysis results and recommendations to stakeholders and leaders regularly and effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Finance or related field required, Master degree preferred;
- 3-5 years of practical experience with data processing, data mining, statistical analysis and other analytical skills under business environment required.
- Extensive experience querying databases and using advanced statistical techniques (Python (highly preferred), R, SQL (required), etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets;
- Solid knowledge and experience of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, GBM, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world applications.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills and ability to explain complex concepts succinctly and effectively
- Experience in creating, visualizing and presenting data and insight using Tableau
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to present to and influence senior and executive management.
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity. Ability to breakdown broad objectives in to tactical goals and effectively communicate to team.
- Creative problem solver: the ability to quickly grasp the business issues of a situation and develop the best solution; find creative ways to solve complex issues among demanding parties and achieve “win-win” resolutions
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt easily to rapidly changing business conditions
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Ability to design and strategize as well as execute and implement
- Results focused; Accountable, strong sense of ownership
- Energetic and positive contributor who can fit into a highly motivated and high performance team.
- Unquestionable Independence and Integrity: an individual regarded as having strong principles and adhering firmly to those principles.
- Team-Oriented: a collaborative individual who is motivated by working effectively with others and forging consensus
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management
#LI-ES1About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, Belonging
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency.