At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Data Scientist Forecasting
“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at Bayer to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
For our newly established IT Hub, we are looking for:
Senior Data Scientist – Forecasting
You will be responsible for:
- Support of business and innovation projects in the Consumer Health Division in the areas of sales, product supply, and financial forecasting.
- Independently perform statistical analysis, computer programming, predictive modeling, and experimental design.
- Lead projects applying an agile approach to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Establish a strong link with stakeholders in the business to help shape and execute the digital agenda strategy.
- Deliver complex projects employing advanced simulation, modeling, and machine learning techniques integrating multi-layered data models from internal and external sources.
- Maintain awareness of the state-of-the-art application of AI in life science and CPG/FMCG industries and research.
- Develop sustainable, consumable, accurate, and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, business impact, and key performance indicators.
- Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of the organization, including peers, senior management, and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in the business.
- Lead scaling up activities transforming data science prototypes to end-to-end solutions by leveraging skills across a large IT unit working
We would expect from you:
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ yrs of experience or Master's 6+ yrs of experience or Ph.D. degree with 3+ years of experience.
- Educational preparation or applied experience in at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Electrical/Industrial Engineering, Statistical Genetics, Statistics, 2 Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or other related quantitative disciplines.
- Expert level knowledge in at least one of the following areas of Machine Learning: Timeseries analytics, Bayesian Methods, and/or Deep Learning
- Passionate about using statistical and mathematical tools to make the world a better and more efficient place.
- Very good coding knowledge in Python and/or R incl. ability to analyze data.
- Strong business analyst skills and strong experience interacting with very diverse customers are required.
- Good knowledge of database, data mining, and integration tools, e.g. SQL, KNIME, Trifacta, etc.
- Good communication competencies include presentations and delivery of complex quantitative analyses in a clear, concise, and actionable manner to broad audiences and key stakeholders across multiple functions.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and agile environment.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
In the exchange we will offer you:
- A flexible hybrid work model
- Career development, 360° Feedback & Mentoring programme
- Wide access to professional development tools, trainings, & conferences
- Competitive salary, annual bonus & top performers awards
- VIP Medical Care Package (including Dental & Mental health)
- Pension plan
- Holiday allowance (“Wczasy pod gruszą”)
- Life & Travel Insurance
- Co-financed sport card with unlimited usage
- Meals Subsidy in Office
- Home Office Setup & Maintenance allowance
- New & exciting open office space coming in Spring ‘22
Our inclusive culture at Bayer:
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer. We care about inclusion in terms of gender, age, race, skin color, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities and on every other grounds. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.