Primary Locations: Montreal, Quebec
Employee Status: Regular
Are you into big data?
- Do you have experience with SQL and Python?
- Do you want to use your Advanced Analytics skills to transform the client experience?
- Do you want to collaborate on a project that is a priority for the Bank?
Then keep reading!
National Bank is seeking two Data Scientists to contribute their expertise to the Client Contact Centre Analytics team.
The Data Scientists must be able to synthesize and leverage big data sets to enhance the client experience, increase revenue and identify opportunities for transformation and innovation.
This is a unique opportunity to join a passionate team dedicated to transforming and developing the bank of tomorrow. We will focus on our clients and work on highly impactful projects that combine big data set analysis and machine learning.
Your main challenges:
- Act as the advanced analytics expert advisor for the Bank’s Contact Centres.
- Help drive the use of advanced analytics in various Bank sectors.
- Understand needs, seize opportunities and guide the decisions of various Bank sectors.
- Contribute to the advancement of analytics practices by proposing and implementing new techniques and processes to develop analytical expertise and improve efficiency and productivity throughout the sector.
- Contribute to the analytical transformation of the Bank's Contact Centres.
Specifically, you will:
- Listen to your business partners, understand their needs and help them identify opportunities and avenues for growth
- Implement ideal conditions to modernize client analytics practices
- Work in an iterative and agile environment (with a young and dynamic team)
- Advise business partners on advanced analytical solutions and processes that can help them achieve their objectives
- Produce and communicate the results of your analyses, which will often require adapting and/or implementing original, creative and practical analytical solutions
- Recommend actions to guide the orientations and strategies of your business partners and/or your team
- Demonstrate your understanding of the Bank's priorities and how they can be achieved with the help of advanced analytics
- Develop and maintain relationships with the other teams to encourage knowledge sharing and facilitate collaboration
Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in operational research, applied statistics, data exploration, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative field
- Proficiency in concepts and requirements for advanced analytics and time series (from exploration to predictive models, clustering, flaw detection, optimization under constraints, etc.)
- Proficiency in the concepts underlying development, notably in machine learning
- Knowledge of Python and SQL and experience in analytical projects (big data environments, an asset)
- Proven experience in operating complex and/or high-volume data environments used to develop advanced analytics applications
- Excellent understanding of analytics applications
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills
- Ability to exert influence, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to convey information in simple terms
- Strong ability to exert influence
- Strong ability to develop in an environment undergoing transformation
- Knowledge of analytics environments in the finance sector, an asset
- Strong interest in business, client needs and improving the client experience
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French), an asset
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?