Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Scott AFB (On-Site)
Security Clearance: Active Top Secret (with SCI Eligibility)
Omni Federal is a small business focused on modern application development, cloud and data analytics for the Federal government. Our past performance is a mix of commercial and federal business that allows us to leverage the latest commercial technologies and processes and adapt them to the Federal government. Omni Federal designs, builds and operates data-rich applications leveraging advanced data modeling, machine learning and data visualization techniques to empower our customers to make better data-driven decisions.
We are seeking a strong Cleared Senior Data Engineer to support a new Federal project at Scott AFB. This is an exciting new initiative where our Customer is embracing modern software development practices and using them to solve challenging missions for the Agency. This include a modern technology stack, rapid prototyping and culture of innovation. We are looking for candidates that are passionate, energized and excited to work on modern architectures and solve challenging problems for our clients.
- Performs data engineer tasks, planning, technical leadership and management for the team.
- Provides clients with technical expertise for a project or program.
- Managed technology projects or lead technology solutioning.
- Provides highly technical and specialized guidance and solutions to complex IT problems; performs elaborate analyses and studies.
- Evaluates, recommends, and executes new technologies and updates existing infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and efficiency.
- Develops IT strategies to ensure the systems meet existing and future requirements based on needs and regulations.
- Works to design, implement, and maintain a data pipeline and analytical environment using reporting tools, modeling metadata, and building reports and dashboards.
- Works in a variety of environments and has excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Works effectively and independently
- Active TS/SCI Clearance OR (Top Secret with SCI Eligibility)
- Experience working with Hadoop and Big Data technologies
- Experience developing languages commonly used for data analysis such as Python, R, Julia, or SAS
- Experience working with multiple database types such as SQL, Redis and MongoDB
- Experience building and integrating the at the application and database level
- Experience developing REST/SOAP APIs and messaging protocols and formats
- Theoretical and practical background in statistical analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, and/or optimization
- Experience prototyping front-end visualizations utilizing data visualization suites such as Kibana or Splunk
- Experience implementing and building event driven architectures
- Familiarity with event driven finite state machines
- High proficiency in SQL to include schema design, data definition, and advanced queries
- Experience with MPP data warehouses
- Experience with scripting languages for automating repetitive tasks
- Experience with creating automated data pipelines for complex systems
- Extensive Linux server management background
- Can prototype visualizations with lightweight data visualization suites
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with the ability to present technical data and approaches to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Paid time off
- Health Advocate