At Applied Materials, we are building the next generation fab productivity solutions using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our AI/ML team is looking for a Data Scientist who will be responsible for building predictive and prescriptive models to increase and optimize fab productivity. The data scientist must be self-directed and independent in conducting their work as well as working with and supporting globally distributed teams. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of building our company’s next generation data science practice and products.
- Formulate and lead guided, multifaceted analytic studies against large volumes of data.
- Interpret and analyze data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Experiment against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Develop, productize and maintain machine learning and optimization models according to requirements to transform our product into an innovative industry leader
- Analyze problems and determines root causes.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product management, Data and Design teams to build models.
- Support our customers with their data science and optimization problems using our product
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience working with ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Experience with cloud AI services from AWS, Google, Azure
- Experience with optimization tools: Gurobi, CPLEX, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Candidate with 6+ years of experience in a Data Scientist role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.