Analyze data to create statistical reports used for program or process evaluation. Responsible for maintaining databases and extracting data for analysis. Run and review reports, analyzing results in support of operational functions.Description
This role is a hybrid schedule—the corporate office is located at 4101 Percival Road, Columbia, SC 29229.What You'll Do
To Qualify For This Position, You'll Need The Following
- Review, extract, and analyze data to formulate procedures, processes, and other requirements. Provides reports of relevant activity to identify problematic areas and provide the basis for modification and/or elimination of operations issues
- Assists with developing complex analysis and sophisticated data compilation, verification, and interpretations to guide divisional efforts. Perform focused analyses as needed. Create data search programs to identify pertinent data required to provide supporting documentation for system or operational enhancements/changes.
- Document reporting procedures so other staff can run ad hoc reports independently. Design, code, and maintain complex database programs to extract and analyze data to support financial and operational decisions.
Required Skills And Abilities
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Healthcare, or related field OR Associates Degree and 2 years of job-related work experience
- Degree Equivalency: 4 years of job-related work
- Required Experience: 2 years of research and analysis experience
- Required Software and tools: Microsoft Office. Ability to acquire programming skills across various software platforms
We Prefer That You Have The Following
- Strong organizational, customer service, communications, and analytical skills.
- Ability to use complex mathematical calculations.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematical and statistical concepts.
- Knowledge of relevant computer support systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages across various software platforms using DB2, SQL, and/or relational databases.
- Ability to analyze data results, determine the source of aberrant statistics, and resolve data issues.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package Includes The Following
- 4 Years of research and analysis experience
- Computer programming skills
- Negotiation or persuasion skills
- Claims process reporting experience
- Experience assisting with audits
- Knowledge of ICD9/CPT4 coding
What We Can Do For You
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Fantastic health plans and free vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid annual leave — the longer you work here, the more you earn
- Nine paid holidays
- On-site cafeterias and fitness centers in significant locations
- Wellness programs and a healthy lifestyle premium discount
- Tuition assistance
- Service Recognition
We understand the value of a diverse and inclusive workplace and strive to be an employer where employees across all spectrums have the opportunity to develop their skills, advance their careers and contribute their unique abilities to the growth of our company.What To Expect Next
After submitting your application, our recruiting team members will review your resume to ensure you meet the qualifications. This may include a brief telephone interview or email communication with our recruiter to verify resume specifics and salary requirements. Management will conduct interviews with those candidates who qualify, with prioritization given to those candidates who demonstrate the preferred qualifications.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Some states have required notifications. Here's more information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.