Senior Data Scientist (Machine Learning)
at Zesty.ai (View all jobs)
Events in recent years have made us all too familiar with the havoc that natural disasters can wreak, and the increasing frequency and intensity with which they are occurring. Despite record levels of losses, conventional methods of risk modeling continue to paint at best an incomplete picture of these threats.
Zesty.ai uses novel data gathering and data science methods to produce higher quality information about the risks to property from catastrophes like floods and wildfires. While AI alone may not be able to thwart these disasters, it can help us become more prepared for them, and ultimately that will lead to better outcomes.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you are comfortable and excited to work closely with the engineering team to build the best AI tech possible. You will develop top tier models from unique and diverse data sources to provide strong insights and maximize the impact of our company efforts. You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast and are comfortable setting in place structures and processes to help the company scale.
- Explore data sets and develop new PropertyTech and InsureTech models with data science (Machine learning, Deep learning).
- Help direct and scope machine learning projects in conjunction with the product team and data science leadership
- Coach and provide feedback to other members of the Machine Learning team across the US/Canada
- Develop computer vision algorithms that extract insights from aerial imagery, satellite imagery and geospatial data
- Research and model aspects of the built environment utilizing aerial imagery, satellite imagery and other datasets
- Help develop training and cross-validation data sets for machine learning algorithms
- Translate product management, engineering, and business constraints and queries into tractable data science questions
What You Bring to the Zesty.ai Lab Team:
- 3 - 5+ years of experience working in a data science or machine learning team
- Experience working with deep learning / neural network models (using TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Caffe)
- Experience working with computer vision and building and testing computer vision systems
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production environments
- Strong organizational and management skills with past experiences implementing best practices and processes
- Experience working with large image datasets (great if you've already worked with satellite imagery and related tools OpenCV, Pillow, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Be part of a well-funded growth-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Do what you love from a place that you love with Remote-Flex
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- Company-sponsored outings and offsites