Through single-cell biology, computational biology, and artificial intelligence, Immunai is reprogramming the immune system to develop improved drugs and therapeutics.
Immunai was founded in December 2018. We are a multidisciplinary team of immunologists, genomics technologists, computer scientists, engineers, mathematicians and operators singularly focused on solving an audacious challenge. Backed by some of the leading scientific minds in immunology, oncology, and single cell genomics, we are up for the challenge.
Immunai has begun the process of mapping millions of immune cells and their functions in order to build a proprietary data set for clinical immunological data. The immune system mapping will play an important role in boosting R&D efforts in developing targeted therapies for different diseases. The company noted that the immune system consists of trillions of cells that are divided into different cell types that perform different functions. Because of the complexity of the system, it can be difficult to determine how drugs will interact with the immune cells. This increased understanding can be used to boost clinical response to different cellular therapies.
Immunai's mission is to map the immune system with neural networks and transfer learning techniques informed by deep immunology knowledge. We developed the tools and knowhow to help every immuno-oncology and cell therapy researcher excel at their job. This helps increase the speed in which drugs are developed and brought to market by elucidating their mechanisms of action and resistance.
Location - New York, NY
For details - www.immunai.com
Reports to - Machine Learning Lead
- Develop, train, and debug new supervised and unsupervised models needed throughout our workflow
- Develop and maintain production-quality computational pipelines and tools
- Collaborate with other specialists on the R&D team (immunologists, computational biologists, and software engineers) to identify new computational opportunities, scope their solution, execute on the plan, and effectively communicate results
- Collaborate with computational biologists and immunologists to generate therapeutic insights from our proprietary methods and data assets
- Collaborate across the company to produce polished analyses for external audiences
- MS in relevant computational and/or biologic field (genetics, computational biology)
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Proven ability to develop, deploy, and maintain machine learning models in a production environment
- Experienced in optimizing model performance and runtime
- Experienced in writing high-quality pipeline and notebook code
- Fluent in Python and modern ML libraries like scikit-learn, pytorch, keras/tensorflow
- Familiarity with modern computational tools & infrastructure like AWS/GCP, Docker, git
- Demonstrated track record working on a multidisciplinary team to deliver on ambitious projects with incomplete specifications
- Adept in ambiguous situations, flexible and comfortable making decisions using minimal available data
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Bonus: experience analysing (single-cell) genomics datasets, R proficiency
Desired Personal traits
- You want to make an impact on humankind
- You prioritize We over I
- You enjoy getting things done - with super high quality
- You collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- You have superior skills and experience, and constantly strive to be world-class in what you do
- You constantly challenge your own assumptions, pushing for continuous improvement
- You have a growth mindset
- You make decisions that favor the company, not yourself or your team
- You are candid, authentic, and transparent